Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 10:16 pm

I like many aspies have pretty sensative hearing (or at least I think I do Ive always had a hard time comparing this with NT counterparts as I dont hear with there ears) but I love going to Rock concerts (the kind that leave your ears ringing for an hour after the shows ended.) Also there are normally way to many people at the concerts for me to be comfortable with. Is this weird (as in weird for aspies.)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2005, 10:30 pm

I hate concerts. Way too public and people all over the place. Besides, I have never understood the point. If I like the music then I can listen to the music without going to a concert. I don't have to see the band. I don't think famous people are anything special. They are just regular people that play music, sing, act or whatever.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with Flav-o-Flav way back in the early 90's. I tend to get along well with these people as I treat them just like anyone else instead of the moronic way typical people do.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2005, 11:40 pm

I usually have a ball when I go to concerts. I just love seeing/hearing artists perform their music in person, and I happen to like the atmosphere there. It's kind of like you're in front of people, but not. I tend to forget about everyone else at concerts and just rock out.

Oh, and as for the noise thing - it doesn't really bother me at concerts. I'm mostly only bothered by sudden and unpleasant loud noises (with fire alarms being the epitome of that, of course, and also people screaming randomly for no good reason).

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2005, 12:11 am

I love concerts. I'm a singer, so I enjoy them a lot, the songs have different versions live than in cd (unless it's a Britney Spears or a Hillary Duff concert). I enjoy specially rock concerts. The only thing i don't like that much iscrowds, so I stay in the least crowded space I can find, and i dance a looot!! !!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2005, 11:29 pm

I don't go to concerts very often, but when I do, I really enjoy it. I usually only go if I feel really strongly about the artist, as concerts tend to be expensive. The most recent one was a Kelly Clarkson concert. I had a blast there. I cheered for her like crazy after every song. Plus, having had four beers really helped me loosen up in that situation, enough to make a conversation with a cute girl sitting next to me.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2005, 11:57 am

coded wrote:
If I like the music then I can listen to the music without going to a concert.
But a live performance is much different from listening to a recording. The songs often sound completely different, and you often get to interact along with the band and countless other people who love them too. It's a different experience, and can be a lot of fun.

I've seen the following bands live (bolded are the main attractions per line up):

Symphony X
Blind Guardian

Goat Whore
Vader
Kreator
Nile

Macabre
Napalm Death
Cannibal Corpse

Lullacry
Nightwish

Kreator