Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 1:04 am

Which would you prefer for President?

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 9:48 am

Obama - Love the guy, but I hope to god (or whatever) that he doesn't get assassinated.

Hillary - Nothing but a stuck up status symbol. Doesn't give a flying F$#% about the people.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 10:18 am

They both can rot.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 11:18 am

Obama because he has good ideas and ethnic reform is on his platform.

Hilary sorry but we' re just not ready for you but you gave it your all and maybe in the future you can be president.

Perambulator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2008, 12:34 pm

British guy here so my opinion might be a tad irrelevant. Anyway I'm for Obama all the way. Hillary is inconsistent and I don't trust her. The world needs fresh leadership. America's a big world player and a fresh face that's not part of a dynasty and that has less corruption tied in will help refresh politics and make them more relevant to everyone. I think Obama will win because he's the most good looking and charismatic candidate which is really lucky because he's also the best candidate on substance too.

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2008, 1:57 pm

The very thought of Hillary being a serious candidate for the presidency, let alone the top democratic runner, shows what a pitiful state the country is in. As a politician, she has been nothing but weak and useless. Go see my "Barbara Milkulski > Hillary Clinton" topic for more.

Obama - I'm not a fan of the guy but I'll probably end up voting for him. All McCain has going for him is that he's pro-war, and Huckabee is well below him.

sojournertruth
Toucan
Toucan

11 Feb 2008, 3:14 pm

I don't dislike Clinton as much as many here, but I still like Obama better.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 3:15 pm

Clinton -- because Mr. Obama has been unresponsive as my senator.

Spiral153
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2008, 5:05 pm

Hillary!
I'm sick of the whole "Obama will bring about change" crap.
"change...change...change" :roll:
Change will come about REGARDLESS.

This quote was taken from the Yahoo Answers website:
"Change is the new buzzword to attract naive children under 25 who have no real life experience. He just throws the word out there and the brainwashed masses of young people who watch TV start drooling down their chin. It was the same way with Jimmy Carter. After 4 years of Bozo the Clown Obama, people will be tired of change and vote for the opposition in a landslide."

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 5:29 pm

IdahoAspie wrote:
Hillary or Obama?

Neither.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 5:36 pm

Spiral153 wrote:
Hillary!
I'm sick of the whole "Obama will bring about change" crap.
"change...change...change" :roll:
Change will come about REGARDLESS.

This quote was taken from the Yahoo Answers website:
"Change is the new buzzword to attract naive children under 25 who have no real life experience. He just throws the word out there and the brainwashed masses of young people who watch TV start drooling down their chin. It was the same way with Jimmy Carter. After 4 years of Bozo the Clown Obama, people will be tired of change and vote for the opposition in a landslide."

Going by your definition of change (which is sadly often correct), Clinton would be no better or worse than Obama, they both suck. The brainwashed masses you speak of are equally brainwashed for following Clinton too. The only possible peoples' candidates are Kucinich and Ron Paul, I think Kucinich is out of it now.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 8:04 pm

Hillary.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 11:11 pm

My choices are Mike Gravel or Ron Paul, but as you see, both too honest for people to vote for them...

Then comes Hillary...the more VIDEOS I see of her and her behavior, the more I dislike her. I don't dislike her because of what I read about her, because that can be biased...but it seems everytime I watch a video of her, she's lying about something else...plus, I think she uses people...currently using seniors and hispanics...just as she used her husband...You see, no woman that is so well off, that is such a "go-getter" would ever put up with her husband doing stuff with people like Monica...unless, she was up to something...and yes, she was from that time...she put up with it so that her husband's friends would be her friends when she decided to run for president...I don't have much respect for women like that either.

So, Obama? I will admit that I like his ideas a bit more...he seems a bit more balanced, although also less experienced...but I do believe that he has an amazing ability to bring people together...I also believe that our relations with other countries will be better because of it...as many countries which currently hate the US seem to actually like Obama...and for good reasons...and of course, although inexperienced, I'd rather have someone who has not committed as much fraud and lies as Hillary, even if that means he also doesn't have as much experience.

srriv345
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2008, 11:59 pm

Politically, I consider them pretty close in terms of their actual policy positions. Personally, I like Obama more, though I don't have the reflexive dislike of Sen. Clinton which many have. I voted for Obama primarily because I trust him more to be responsible with Iraq, given both candidates' respective histories on the issues. I certainly would prefer either to John "Iraq was a good idea" McCain or Mike "I want to rewrite the Constitution to more closely follow God's laws" Huckabee.

sojournertruth
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2008, 1:00 am

^^^^^
agree.

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2008, 12:46 pm

I'll be voting for Ron Paul if he’ll still in the running by presidential election.

John McCain: how can you be for the war on terror if you are for amnesty? that’s allot of people getting into the country without any citizenship.

Hillary: She's san absolute elitist when leaving a plane Chelsea was talking to a Marine and she walked up to Chelsea telling her "We don't Talk to the little people."

Obama: He admits his "church" greatly shaped his views if that’s true he a complete afro-fanatic communist.

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm