Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 7:04 pm

You can go off on your little conservative rants about how "poor people are destroying the nation", but many of you rednecks who talk this s**t are nothing but white trash trailor flunkies living pay check to pay check like the people you put down. Tell me I'm not right about that, I know I am.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2008, 7:10 pm

monty wrote:
graemephillips wrote:

By the way, I think it is really lame how smug Hollywood twits can't stop portraying Deep South people in a patronising way. Forrest Gump is a classic example with a thick-as-two-short planks Southerner amongst people behind the curve on social issues.

Hollywood likes to think of itself as being ahead of the curve on social issues, such as racism. If Hollywood really means what it says on these issues, it should stop portraying Southerners the way it does. Even if this couldn't justifiably be considered racism, I think many people are finding Hollywood's smug portrayal of them very tiresome.

Aren't you generalizing about Hollywood?

Forrest Gump prolly could have been a Yankee, but I don't think that movie was an example of negative stereotyping. Forest was a 'special' non-NT, but the people around him were normal. His momma loved him and raised him the best she could, Jenny was screwed up (as young people often are), the local kids harrassed Forrest just like they would have anywhere in the country.

What about Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - that's a fair portrayal of Savannah, no? At least the interesting parts of Savannah related to that particular murder. Or The King Fish, a movie about Huey Long in Louisiana? Although set in the past, it is a pretty good historical representation. One of my favorite movies about my neck of the woods is Yulee's Gold - it never made it big, but it sure looked and felt like the small towns around me.

I watch COPS to see what America is really like! :wink:

I don't think all the people in Hollywood are smug left-wing idiots. Mel Gibson, who holds fast in his Roman Catholic faith despite what the rest of Hollywood thinks and who is famous for an anti-semitic tirade, is an example of someone who defies the Hollywood norms. However, plenty of people, such as Sally Field, George Clooney and Susan Sarandon etc are left-wing anti-establishment idiots. You may remember Sally Field's remark that if mothers ruled the world, there would be no more wars: - presumably, she forgot about the Yom Kippur War, when Golda Meyer (a mother) was Israel's prime minister and the Falklands War, where Margaret Thatcher (a mother of two wayward children) was the British prime minister.

Forrest Gump contained all the worst stereotypes that smug Hollywood morons have about Southerners. Jenny was molested as a child, Forrest Gump was thick, most of the people around him were poor and stupid. Yes, someone at that time may have been harassed whatever part of the country they were in, but I'm sure the film was deliberately designed to remind people how bigoted Hollywood regards Southerners as being.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2008, 7:20 pm

snake321 wrote:
graemephillips wrote:
snake321 wrote:
Hey, actually I am from a southern bloodline, so I have the right to b***h about rednecks (and I'm giving non-southerners the right here to b***h about them too). Actually I am rather ashamed of having this "southern heritage".... A people who have made NO mental progress since the witch trials, what else is there really to say about rednecks? They freaking belong in a zoo with the other apes.
Now, I try to take everyone on an individual basis, so if a few southerners on here who might actually be cool, then I'm not talking bad about you necessarily (because there are undoubtedly even a few good, intelligent rednecks, but theyr ***VERY*** rare). It's that 95 percentile who I am coming down on.

All my life, I have not met anyone as stupid, hard-headed, ignorant, selfish, hypocritical, childish, and all around worthless as the average redneck. They really really really suck big donkey balls.

I have no close connection with the USA, but I guess you could say I would fit in very well with the Deep South's culture. I believe immigration is ruining British society, I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, I oppose homosexuality, I support biblical family life (i.e. where the father has the leadership of the family and all the responsibilities that come therewith), I oppose abortion and the legality thereof etc.

I am exactly the sort of person who tofu-nibbling latte-sipping neurotic hypochondriac vegan hybrid-driving smug San Francisco-esque people love to hate. If anyone doesn't like that, tough!

My case in point exactly, you worship authority as the golden rule with no further inquiry behind it, "morality" to you is just blind conformity to what the rest of the herd think/do. And yet somehow you think your a "rebel". Rebelling against what? Common since? I'm not some hippy vegan liberal either, that doesn't make me a witch burning conservative. Other people have the right to their beliefs too, and they shouldn't be excluded because of it, neither should non-christians be made to feel like guests living in a Christian world.
What if the "father" beats his kids, comes home drunk after a night of cheating on his wife, beats his wife, then we're expected to follow people like that as "leaders". Dude your off your f***ing rocker, put the damn moonshine down for a bit, sober up, and THINK.

Interestingly, I am very averse to drinking alcohol, particularly when it is in large quantities. Contrary to your blasphemous implication, the Bible doesn't approve of adultery, marital violence, drunken behaviour etc.

I agree entirely with the principle of libertarianism. People should be free to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and they have the right to do stuff that the Bible opposes (like adultery) if they so wish: - it is their problem when they reach Judgement Day and have to account for rejecting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Faith is only faith if it comes from a pure heart and nobody can force a pure heart upon someone: - it has to come within.

I am rebelling against the UK's militant atheist tendencies. I was once accused of being a terrorist by a previous employer (Gloster if you want to know the name) because I openly said Jesus Christ was my Lord and Saviour. I am also rebelling against various unchristian aspects of our culture, such as drunkenness, promiscuity, casual attitudes towards marriage, materialism, homosexuality, abortion etc. I am also rebelling against political correctness. If it doesn't advance the cause of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I oppose it and unfortunately, political correctness doesn't.

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2008, 7:21 pm

My dad owns an apartment building in a small town in West Virginia, and while I live in Maryland, I sometimes go down there to help him when he gets backed up with work. So I have to work with the "poor rednecks".

The problem with living in the country is that 1) not as many jobs are available, and 2) transportation is difficult.

There's a Go-Mart (gas station minimart chain) about 10 miles down the road from the town of Sutton. It's a big one because it's right at a fairly major interstate exit, and it's always hiring.

Thing is, a lot of people in Sutton don't own cars, so the go-mart doesn't do them any good.

Sutton has its own Go-Mart, but that one is tiny, only needing one cashier at a time.

No readily available jobs there. Those jobs that are available get taken by people like my dad, the rednecks who aspire to be non-rednecks some day.

So I do actually put the lower rung of rednecks above the lower rung of inner city types. When you live in the city, you can walk places, and there's public transportation. The country doesn't have any of that. Plus, y'know, since most rednecks are white, they have trouble qualifying for minority grants.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2008, 7:28 pm

snake321 wrote:
You can go off on your little conservative rants about how "poor people are destroying the nation", but many of you rednecks who talk this sh** are nothing but white trash trailor flunkies living pay check to pay check like the people you put down. Tell me I'm not right about that, I know I am.

No, you are not right about that, particularly when it comes to me. I live in a house, I work in a white-collar job (electrical engineer if you must know) etc. I never said poor people were destroying the UK's culture: - that is the work of immigrants i.e. curry replacing fish and chips as the national dish, Indians controlling enormous proportions of the country's wealth, the influence of hip-hop and other black genres, most of London looking like a foreign land, signs in many of my workplaces appearing in Polish etc.

People with right-wing views on social issues are not always poor and uneducated. I myself speak English, German and Spanish fluently and I have a significant knowledge of French, Arabic, Dutch and Afrikaans. I am educated to Masters level. I have visited various obscure countries, including Syria, Colombia, Nicaragua etc. I hold dual nationality (British and New Zealand). I defy most of your stereotypes of people with right-wing views on social issues.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 7:57 pm

graemephillips wrote:
snake321 wrote:
graemephillips wrote:
snake321 wrote:
Hey, actually I am from a southern bloodline, so I have the right to b***h about rednecks (and I'm giving non-southerners the right here to b***h about them too). Actually I am rather ashamed of having this "southern heritage".... A people who have made NO mental progress since the witch trials, what else is there really to say about rednecks? They freaking belong in a zoo with the other apes.
Now, I try to take everyone on an individual basis, so if a few southerners on here who might actually be cool, then I'm not talking bad about you necessarily (because there are undoubtedly even a few good, intelligent rednecks, but theyr ***VERY*** rare). It's that 95 percentile who I am coming down on.

All my life, I have not met anyone as stupid, hard-headed, ignorant, selfish, hypocritical, childish, and all around worthless as the average redneck. They really really really suck big donkey balls.

I have no close connection with the USA, but I guess you could say I would fit in very well with the Deep South's culture. I believe immigration is ruining British society, I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, I oppose homosexuality, I support biblical family life (i.e. where the father has the leadership of the family and all the responsibilities that come therewith), I oppose abortion and the legality thereof etc.

I am exactly the sort of person who tofu-nibbling latte-sipping neurotic hypochondriac vegan hybrid-driving smug San Francisco-esque people love to hate. If anyone doesn't like that, tough!

My case in point exactly, you worship authority as the golden rule with no further inquiry behind it, "morality" to you is just blind conformity to what the rest of the herd think/do. And yet somehow you think your a "rebel". Rebelling against what? Common since? I'm not some hippy vegan liberal either, that doesn't make me a witch burning conservative. Other people have the right to their beliefs too, and they shouldn't be excluded because of it, neither should non-christians be made to feel like guests living in a Christian world.
What if the "father" beats his kids, comes home drunk after a night of cheating on his wife, beats his wife, then we're expected to follow people like that as "leaders". Dude your off your f***ing rocker, put the damn moonshine down for a bit, sober up, and THINK.

Interestingly, I am very averse to drinking alcohol, particularly when it is in large quantities. Contrary to your blasphemous implication, the Bible doesn't approve of adultery, marital violence, drunken behaviour etc.

I agree entirely with the principle of libertarianism. People should be free to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and they have the right to do stuff that the Bible opposes (like adultery) if they so wish: - it is their problem when they reach Judgement Day and have to account for rejecting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Faith is only faith if it comes from a pure heart and nobody can force a pure heart upon someone: - it has to come within.

I am rebelling against the UK's militant atheist tendencies. I was once accused of being a terrorist by a previous employer (Gloster if you want to know the name) because I openly said Jesus Christ was my Lord and Saviour. I am also rebelling against various unchristian aspects of our culture, such as drunkenness, promiscuity, casual attitudes towards marriage, materialism, homosexuality, abortion etc. I am also rebelling against political correctness. If it doesn't advance the cause of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I oppose it and unfortunately, political correctness doesn't.

So you believe in a theocracy? A government where, lemme guess, people are allowed to believe in other things, but they will not be able to enjoy equal rights? Where YOUR religion is everyone's law? Is that what you support?
There is no proof your religion is the right one, or even that there is a right religion. Creationism doesn't even count as science, let alone evidence. The main reason your so extreme about your beliefs is because your just following conformity and worshipping authority, C'MON, ADMIT IT. That is not even freedom, it's celebrating mental slavery while demonizing people who have more balls than you do.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 8:03 pm

Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. Theyr still around, the same rednecks who just a few centuries ago were burning witches at stakes, they haven't changed a day. All in the name of conformity, eh?

merr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 8:08 pm

Mc_Jeff wrote:
My dad owns an apartment building in a small town in West Virginia, and while I live in Maryland, I sometimes go down there to help him when he gets backed up with work. So I have to work with the "poor rednecks".

The problem with living in the country is that 1) not as many jobs are available, and 2) transportation is difficult.

There's a Go-Mart (gas station minimart chain) about 10 miles down the road from the town of Sutton. It's a big one because it's right at a fairly major interstate exit, and it's always hiring.

Thing is, a lot of people in Sutton don't own cars, so the go-mart doesn't do them any good.

Sutton has its own Go-Mart, but that one is tiny, only needing one cashier at a time.

No readily available jobs there. Those jobs that are available get taken by people like my dad, the rednecks who aspire to be non-rednecks some day.

So I do actually put the lower rung of rednecks above the lower rung of inner city types. When you live in the city, you can walk places, and there's public transportation. The country doesn't have any of that. Plus, y'know, since most rednecks are white, they have trouble qualifying for minority grants.
So because they cant walk places they are better than inner city poor people? Where's the logic in that? And what minority grants are you talking about? :roll:

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 8:08 pm

I was just fired from a job I had worked HARD at for over 4 yrs, because some stupid f*****g redneck decided I was his verbal punching bag to take his aggressions out on, and because he was my boss, I was apparently supposed to suck him off or something like that, look, I don't take abuse from the f*****g president, ok?
I'm not bowing down and kissing someone's ass just because "they outrank me". Might does not equal right.

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2008, 8:13 pm

Quote:
So because they cant walk places they are better than inner city poor people? Where's the logic in that?

Because inner city minorities have all sorts of opportunities that are denied to poor country people.

merr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 8:18 pm

Mc_Jeff wrote:
Quote:
So because they cant walk places they are better than inner city poor people? Where's the logic in that?

Because inner city minorities have all sorts of opportunities that are denied to poor country people.
So we're going to make this a minority against poor white people thread now? Many people who are poor, white or black, take advantage of those oppurtunities, but that doesn't mean it is easy to get out of poverty, or to to say people have minority grants. Why do people think minorities get special benefits all the time?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 8:40 pm

I'm not taking sides, sometimes minorities do get special benefits though, through a bunch of PC institutions..... It's arguable if theyr needed or not (I'd say to some extent they are probably necessary, though sometimes it's overblown as to try and condition a dependence on the system, symptoms of a nanny state on the horizon), I'm against affirmative action but I'm totally for putting a new system in it's place that'll both help minorities get jobs, while also making sure that majorities aren't discriminated either. I haven't quite figured out yet what such a new system would be like, but I'm sure something like this could be worked out.
Illegal aliens get free health care, while citizens here can't afford to see a doctor. I do see that as a problem. I've got no problems with hispanics, really it has nothing at all to do with them being brown. I'd say the same thing if they were white european aliens (and I actually hate calling them aliens, because they are humans still, but I dunno another word to use that sums it up though). I mean I feel bad for their plight, but we've got to work on our own economic survival. I do support something to help Mexico out, just not at our own economic expense. I think getting rid of NAFTA would help greatly, and I wish the people of America and Mexico would work together to bring NAFTA down. Then legal immigration would also be easier for mexicans. Really NAFTA are the ones stirring up this border issue.
The only major difference between right and left is the right is biased against minorities (ethnic people, women, gays, non-christians) whereas left wing is biased against majorities (whites, males, straights, christians). Often times those biases come out as wanting rewards for belonging to a certain group. But often these rewards come at the expense of another group. This is all divide and conquor crap really. The answer is somewhere in the middle, however, most people glorify mindless group think and refuse to meet in the middle. Compromise, and the ability to look at oneself critically and keep an open mind, must be the lifeblood of any truely free nation where diverse peoples live together. Compromise is the essence of freedom and equality. Both freedom and compromise, ignored in the ignorance of mindless group think in today's society.
Politics is not an easy thing really, because to be progressive, you've got to try and look at everyone's point of view and balance them all out. Bias is the easy, feel-good way where people fall victim to their own ignorance in the end. It's easier to let others think for oneself than to bite the bullet and look at themselves critically, and think independently. It's always easier to blame someone else, and this is what is expected of people, it's encouraged. In reality, everyone has contributed to this catastrophe, blacks, whites, browns, reds, and yellows, christians, jews, atheists, budhists, muslims, pagans, and hindus, males, females, gays, straights, bi's, everyone. But, they've all been lead by the collar.

Last edited by snake321 on 12 Feb 2008, 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 8:51 pm

I'd say I had some left wing and some right wing ideas, and some ideas that don't even begin to fit into the left/right paradigm anywhere at all. I wish people would stop group-thinking and realise what's REALLY happening here, this is really between rich and poor, not between genders, or colors, or religions, this is between rich and poor. The middle class is being erased as we speak, we are in recession.
I'm not accusing you of any of this though Merr, I haven't known you long enough to see any of those patterns in your posts yet. As far as I can tell, your a cool kat with me.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 9:31 pm

Anyways, back to bashing red necks lol.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 10:18 pm

I don't care about rednecks either way. Conservative bigotry will soon be dead and forgotten. Heh, graemephillips, mention your belief about the traditional patriarchal family structure around some San Francisco liberals. You probably wouldn't be hated as much as simply laughed out of the room.

Homophobia as well. Sure, gay marriage is still illegal in most states, but tremendous progress has been in it's acceptance in modern America. You could be institutionalized in the past, and now it's practically hip. :lol:

I'm no hippy, I'm more middle-ground than liberal or conservative; I drink coffee black and I enjoy a good steak, but you can't fight progress because progress will always win as humanity improves itself. I respect people's individual beliefs in religious conservatism, but it's a personal issue that should not be forced into public policy.

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2008, 11:26 pm

I believe in tolerance and understanding but not in unconditional acceptance. What does that make me?