Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 12:25 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
I don't care about rednecks either way. Conservative bigotry will soon be dead and forgotten. Heh, graemephillips, mention your belief about the traditional patriarchal family structure around some San Francisco liberals. You probably wouldn't be hated as much as simply laughed out of the room.

Homophobia as well. Sure, gay marriage is still illegal in most states, but tremendous progress has been in it's acceptance in modern America. You could be institutionalized in the past, and now it's practically hip. :lol:

I'm no hippy, I'm more middle-ground than liberal or conservative; I drink coffee black and I enjoy a good steak, but you can't fight progress because progress will always win as humanity improves itself. I respect people's individual beliefs in religious conservatism, but it's a personal issue that should not be forced into public policy.

Do you think I should support homosexual marriage just for sake of appearing trendy? I will live my life as I see fit and I don't make keeping up with the curve a priority. Many people would strongly disagree with my views on these issues, but say that I am a principle-based person, because my views are firmly grounded and aren't ruled by what it is fashionable to believe.

Regarding what you said about San Francisco, I couldn't care less because I wouldn't want to go there anyway.

I intend to fight some forms of "progress". Progress is only good if it fits in with Christian teaching and I intend to resist those elements that don't and support those that do. Change for the sake of change has nothing to offer society.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 12:32 pm

Oh but change for a theocracy does?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 12:38 pm

Yeah, lets put your blind unproven faith up front, screw all jews, budhist, hindus, muslims, atheists, pagans, taoists, zoroatrians, who've got just as much claim to their beliefs as you have to yours, right?......dude enough sarcasm from me, but straight up, such divisive hateful selfish and ignorant views shouldn't be pushed, have you ever heard of fascism or naziism? That's what you sound like here.
I believe in freedom to choose what we believe, and not have one religion dictate the laws especially when no proof is offered for it, some people come from other parts of the world with a different dominant religion, so in a way your being racist there too...... Dude, why am I even bothering talking to you? Go look for witches to burn (hopefully they'll end up burning you instead)

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 12:41 pm

Do you believe in a master race too?

monty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 12:50 pm

matrix wrote:
We Southerners have the work ethic and lower taxes that makes us prosperous.

That may be part of the explanation of why factories are moving south - but lower wages and government subsidies are another factor. I think that states like SC and AL gave the auto factories hundreds of thousand of dollars for every job they created. Also, some of the auto companies are looking farther north (Canada), as they spend less per worker on training and health care than they do for workers in the south US.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 1:56 pm

snake321 wrote:
graemephillips wrote:
snake321 wrote:
graemephillips wrote:
snake321 wrote:
Hey, actually I am from a southern bloodline, so I have the right to b***h about rednecks (and I'm giving non-southerners the right here to b***h about them too). Actually I am rather ashamed of having this "southern heritage".... A people who have made NO mental progress since the witch trials, what else is there really to say about rednecks? They freaking belong in a zoo with the other apes.
Now, I try to take everyone on an individual basis, so if a few southerners on here who might actually be cool, then I'm not talking bad about you necessarily (because there are undoubtedly even a few good, intelligent rednecks, but theyr ***VERY*** rare). It's that 95 percentile who I am coming down on.

All my life, I have not met anyone as stupid, hard-headed, ignorant, selfish, hypocritical, childish, and all around worthless as the average redneck. They really really really suck big donkey balls.

I have no close connection with the USA, but I guess you could say I would fit in very well with the Deep South's culture. I believe immigration is ruining British society, I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, I oppose homosexuality, I support biblical family life (i.e. where the father has the leadership of the family and all the responsibilities that come therewith), I oppose abortion and the legality thereof etc.

I am exactly the sort of person who tofu-nibbling latte-sipping neurotic hypochondriac vegan hybrid-driving smug San Francisco-esque people love to hate. If anyone doesn't like that, tough!

My case in point exactly, you worship authority as the golden rule with no further inquiry behind it, "morality" to you is just blind conformity to what the rest of the herd think/do. And yet somehow you think your a "rebel". Rebelling against what? Common since? I'm not some hippy vegan liberal either, that doesn't make me a witch burning conservative. Other people have the right to their beliefs too, and they shouldn't be excluded because of it, neither should non-christians be made to feel like guests living in a Christian world.
What if the "father" beats his kids, comes home drunk after a night of cheating on his wife, beats his wife, then we're expected to follow people like that as "leaders". Dude your off your f***ing rocker, put the damn moonshine down for a bit, sober up, and THINK.

Interestingly, I am very averse to drinking alcohol, particularly when it is in large quantities. Contrary to your blasphemous implication, the Bible doesn't approve of adultery, marital violence, drunken behaviour etc.

I agree entirely with the principle of libertarianism. People should be free to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and they have the right to do stuff that the Bible opposes (like adultery) if they so wish: - it is their problem when they reach Judgement Day and have to account for rejecting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Faith is only faith if it comes from a pure heart and nobody can force a pure heart upon someone: - it has to come within.

I am rebelling against the UK's militant atheist tendencies. I was once accused of being a terrorist by a previous employer (Gloster if you want to know the name) because I openly said Jesus Christ was my Lord and Saviour. I am also rebelling against various unchristian aspects of our culture, such as drunkenness, promiscuity, casual attitudes towards marriage, materialism, homosexuality, abortion etc. I am also rebelling against political correctness. If it doesn't advance the cause of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I oppose it and unfortunately, political correctness doesn't.

So you believe in a theocracy? A government where, lemme guess, people are allowed to believe in other things, but they will not be able to enjoy equal rights? Where YOUR religion is everyone's law? Is that what you support?
There is no proof your religion is the right one, or even that there is a right religion. Creationism doesn't even count as science, let alone evidence. The main reason your so extreme about your beliefs is because your just following conformity and worshipping authority, C'MON, ADMIT IT. That is not even freedom, it's celebrating mental slavery while demonizing people who have more balls than you do.

On the contrary, I am not conformist and I don't worship authority. Only God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are worthy of worship. If you know anything about British politics, you will know about its opposition to religion. Go to http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... lair04.xml and read the context of when Alistair Campbell (the senior spin doctor) said, "We don't do God". You might note that none of the major British political parties will court the evangelicals. I know it is different in the USA, but that is the way it is here. I am rebelling against the disapproval of Britain's elite of my choice to discuss my faith openly. If the establishment doesn't like my desire to talk about my faith openly, then in the words of Lauren Cooper, I ain't bothered. Similarly, if you disapprove of me because I refuse to adopt views on homosexuality, feminism etc just to appear fashionable, I ain't bothered.

Where did I state my support for creationism? As a matter of fact, I don't buy the nonsense that the science-is-a-lie crowd promulgates. I just don't see why God would bother setting up science to oppose him.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 1:59 pm

snake321 wrote:
Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. Theyr still around, the same rednecks who just a few centuries ago were burning witches at stakes, they haven't changed a day. All in the name of conformity, eh?

But now, in the name of conformity, many people are abandoning their Christian faith because they are worried about whether or not their friends and society will approve. A generation ago, going to church was a criterion for appearing middle-class and respectable. On the other hand, people who like to think of themselves as respectable citizens in the UK oppose my faith because they now believe it is middle-class and respectable to oppose a faith that won't bend its teachings in order to appear fashionable.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 2:02 pm

Do you understand you are arguing for a right to impose your religion onto others with or without their will? resistance to this does not equal discrimination. This is why politics and religion must be seperated.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 2:03 pm

snake321 wrote:
graemephillips writes:
"I agree entirely with the principle of libertarianism. People should be free to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and they have the right to do stuff that the Bible opposes (like adultery) if they so wish: - it is their problem when they reach Judgement Day and have to account for rejecting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Faith is only faith if it comes from a pure heart and nobody can force a pure heart upon someone: - it has to come within. "

There lies the problem, anyone with different religious beliefs can not even be spoken of in a positive light. "Oh I won't judge you for being a sinner and burning in hell". You could try keeping that ignorant crap to yourself when dealing with people of other beliefs. I noticed it appears you also praised Mel Gibson for an anti-semetic tirade (I've barely heard anything about gibson's tirade but you appear to be confirming it). This sounds rather psychotic, cuts kinda close to kkk does it not?.....

As I mentioned, I believe in the principle of libertarianism. Part of libertarianism is the freedom to say something whether or not some smug liberals who like to think of themselves as respectable citizens disapprove. Under such a principle, I am free to promulgate the Bible's message that unless you give your life to the Lord, that life belongs to Satan. Similarly, Mel Gibson is free to indulge in an anti-semitic rant if he wants. Also, black people are free to rant on about how white people are the oppressors.

People who genuinely believe in tolerance should accept my right to say things that people don't want to hear. I frequently hear people saying lots of revolting un-Christian things, but under the principle of libertarianism, they are free to say it.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Feb 2008, 2:04 pm

for a good redneck song check out agnostic fronts pauly the beer drinking dog :)

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 2:07 pm

graemephillips wrote:
snake321 wrote:
graemephillips writes:
"I agree entirely with the principle of libertarianism. People should be free to accept or reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and they have the right to do stuff that the Bible opposes (like adultery) if they so wish: - it is their problem when they reach Judgement Day and have to account for rejecting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Faith is only faith if it comes from a pure heart and nobody can force a pure heart upon someone: - it has to come within. "

There lies the problem, anyone with different religious beliefs can not even be spoken of in a positive light. "Oh I won't judge you for being a sinner and burning in hell". You could try keeping that ignorant crap to yourself when dealing with people of other beliefs. I noticed it appears you also praised Mel Gibson for an anti-semetic tirade (I've barely heard anything about gibson's tirade but you appear to be confirming it). This sounds rather psychotic, cuts kinda close to kkk does it not?.....

As I mentioned, I believe in the principle of libertarianism. Part of libertarianism is the freedom to say something whether or not some smug liberals who like to think of themselves as respectable citizens disapprove. Under such a principle, I am free to promulgate the Bible's message that unless you give your life to the Lord, that life belongs to Satan. Similarly, Mel Gibson is free to indulge in an anti-semitic rant if he wants. Also, black people are free to rant on about how white people are the oppressors.

People who genuinely believe in tolerance should accept my right to say things that people don't want to hear. I frequently hear people saying lots of revolting un-Christian things, but under the principle of libertarianism, they are free to say it.

Yep, and God is the inventor of libertinism, when he chose to give us free will. I know some people (even on WP) who say they'd rather go to Hell than live with a vengeful God forever. God allows them that choice. He chooses not to reach down and warp their wills toward Himself. Rather, he lets them carve out their own paths, and choose their own destinies.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 2:10 pm

snake321 wrote:
So your supporting someone going on an anti-semetic lunatic fringe, but you claim to be such a "proud christian".... According to your bible, jews are god's chosen people. In fact, Jesus was jewish. Does that get you flustered bubba lol?

(PS, DevilInPgh, pay attention, because you wanted to call me anti-semetic for not supporting zionism, now I'm saying something in defense of jewish people, not to make a point to you but because I feel it is right, but hopefully this also proves I don't have a problem with judaism. But you've got to see me defending as well as criticizing before you can pass such judgement on me).

Regarding what I think about the Jewish community and the fact that Jesus was indeed a Jew as well, my opinions are as follows. Jesus was an extremely disillusioned Jew. If you read the New Testament, you will notice that Jesus spends an enormous amount of the text criticising the materialism in his society. You will also notice that Jesus told most of his parables using an analogy involving money. It is widely agreed that he did this because money was central to the life of the society he lived in. Two thousand years later, the Jewish community doesn't seem to have taken on board what Jesus said about materialism. You probably know the example of Karl Marx's father announcing the family's conversion to protestantism. Karl was upset about the fact that the family would be abandoning its Jewish traditions. "Ah, but it'll be great for my business", the father famously replied.

I think it is very sad that Jesus died on the cross for their sins and two thousand years later, the Jewish community hasn't taken on board anything he said about materialism.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Feb 2008, 2:13 pm

Ragtime wrote:
I know some people (even on WP) who say they'd rather go to Hell than live with a vengeful God forever. God allows them that choice. He chooses not to reach down and warp their wills toward Himself.
ok i'll give you that but why would he allow a demonic spirit to enter a otherwise unwilling man to carry out a deed? and if it was all part of the plan how is that free will? :lol:

Luke 22:3 (New International Version)

3Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.

So was judas unwilling to turn in jesus, or did he need help turning him in?

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 2:20 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Gibson's got major personal issues, and if his mouth spoke from his heart on the night he criticized the Jews, he is headed for trouble on Judgment Day. There's no such thing as a Christian who hates people. The Bible is clear on that:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing." (1 Cor 13:1-3)

If you always hate people, and fully want to, you're simply not a Christian -- that's obvious in the Bible:

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." (Matt 7:15-19)

In other words, if it doesn't talk love and walk love, it's not a servant of the God of love.

"Not every one that saith unto me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?' And then will I profess unto them, 'I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.'" (Matt 7:21-23)

So, how about that? People can think they're Christians, but their hearts aren't right with God, and at the end, Jesus will essentially say, "Sure, you used my name everywhere you went, for your own glory, but you were never my friend, because you were not a friend to those in need. You ignored those who needed your help. Therefore, goodbye." No loveless person can enter Heaven, even if he or she is great in all other ways.

I fully approve of Mel Gibson criticising an ethnic group that has for far too long regarded itself as being exempt from all criticism. Every time disapproval is expressed of what Jews do, people scream "anti-semitism!" endlessly. Meanwhile, people (including the person who started this thread) are saying some extremely blasphemous things about Christianity, but nobody cares. I don't think this double standard is acceptable and anyone who challenges the Jewish community over this double standard has my favour.

It is contrary to biblical teaching for Christians to hate people, but it is also contrary to biblical teaching for them to just stand by idly when there is injustice and immorality in the world. An example of this is how many Christians support or condone homosexuality for their own political advantage. Jesus does not approve of people denying him or his teachings for political advantage. You probably remember the incident where Peter denied him three times on the night before his crucifixion because he thought that admitting being one of Jesus' followers would put him in trouble as well. Unlike Peter, I am not willing to deny or water down Jesus' teaching for my own political advantage.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 2:21 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Rednecks (along with their urban counterparts, Ghetto thugs) are a drain on our society. They are taking america back to primitive ways and they make our country look bad. Plus they are stupid, violent, and listen to crappy music.

Primitive ways? Ghetto inhabitants? Stupid? Violent? Listen to crappy music? If I didn't know better, I would have thought you were talking about another ethnic group i.e. the one that accounts for something like half the USA's prison population.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2008, 2:25 pm

snake321 wrote:
Do you believe in a master race too?

No, but I believe if we don't promote our culture in the UK more actively and resist the evils of foreign cultural influence, we will become a foreign land very soon.