Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 10:40 pm

Psychological experiments have clearly demonstrated that when a random selection of people are chosen as guards and an equally random selection is chosen as prisoners the guards very soon abuse their position to inflict cruelties upon the prisoners. This seems to be a basic human reaction. The only remedy seems to be close supervision of the guards and police in general have yet to be sufficiently supervised by cameras and recorders to keep them from behaving badly.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Feb 2008, 11:16 pm

Who guards the guards?

MusicMaker1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2008, 8:58 am

Maybe an Aspie would be a good person to guard the guards? ; )

Perambulator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2008, 11:42 am

It does vary from country to country and area to area what police are like.

I think it's the case that in very densely populated areas the police behave better. That's because more people can see what they're doing and they feel like they are held more accountable.

If you saw a police officer beating up someone in a small town you might be too afraid to stop them or tell someone because in a small town it's easy for the police officer to know who you are and get back at you.

But in, say, somewhere like Hong Kong which is unbelievably densely populated people wouldn't be that afraid to challenge police brutality because other witnesses would support them and the police fiding someone afterwards to get revenge would be virtually impossible.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 9:38 pm

It looked comedic.

Other than that, she had no business doing such...even if it was for the lulz.

Not even doom music, not even doom music!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 10:56 pm

This guy suffered broken ribs because of being dumped out of his chair. Here in Ohio, a woman recently called the police for help and, despite having done nothing wrong, ended up being brutally strip-searched while in a jail cell. There were about seven officers in the cell at the time, several of whom were male- which is a pretty big violation of the law, to say nothing of decency or morality. She was handcuffed, stripped naked, and then left naked in the cold cell for hours without even a blanket to keep warm.
Welcome to America. I'm just waiting for them to formally establish Miniluv and Room 101.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 10:18 am

Remnant wrote:
LiendaBalla wrote:
8O Bad cop!!

NO DONUT!

? :| mm k..

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 11:59 am

its good that police in here is nice..though i have been arestet 3 time:P ....:oops: story

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 9:29 pm

LiendaBalla wrote:
Remnant wrote:
LiendaBalla wrote:
8O Bad cop!!

NO DONUT!

? :| mm k..

You do get it, don't you?

MusicMaker1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2008, 4:35 pm

http://tinyurl.com/2wz5zg

Well, apparently from the above news, the deputy that dumped the paraplegic has now
turned herself in. They talked about the video being widely circulated on the internet. I
bet if there had been no video, or if it hadn't been as widely circulated, she might have
gotten away with it. She was arrested at her own precinct and had to post bail...

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 9:23 pm

There's something to the facial expression, the eyes, the lack of savy or updated dress, the strange quality of the voice and the lack of understanding of verbal twists and intentions, that makes cops think abled disabled people are drunk, I think.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 1:41 am

I am worried that I will be bullied and manhandled by law enforcement in my town because of my liberal beliefs.

Most towns in my area are trying to legislate morality. I might as well be in Saudi Arabia.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 2:54 am

If a short dumpy black woman wants to act like a tall muscular white man, why can't she act like a nice white man? It's just too many issues in one package, being a woman, being a black, being short, and being obese. That's four reasons that people pick on her not counting her attitude, but if she fixed her attitude she would do a lot better, just like anyone else.

IdahoAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 4:40 am

This cop, isn't a cop, but a security guard that decided they were a doctor and could determine the person in the wheelchair was in fact not really disabled. They tested their threory at their victim's expense.

I think that this is a visable example of serious problems with our society rejecting people with disabilities and not wanting to accept that they actually exist. It is far worse for people with Autism because you cannot see the disability. Many of the characteristics of people with Autism are also shared by people we call jerks and the self absorbed.