Isn't Christianity a foreign religion from a foreign land...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

merr
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 3:35 pm

graemephillips wrote:
snake321 wrote:
Do you believe in a master race too?

No, but I believe if we don't promote our culture in the UK more actively and resist the evils of foreign cultural influence, we will become a foreign land very soon.
Isn't Christianity a foreign religion from a foreign land, different from the orginal inhabitants of the Uk, according to your own beliefs about immigrants?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 3:51 pm

snake321 wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
snake321 wrote:
Stop ignoring my point graemephillips, how would YOU feel if YOUR laws were being written by the koran? Or the Pagan scriptures? Or the Budhist scriptures? So what makes you think you should have the right to impose YOUR religion onto others?

Not answering for graemephillips, but the truth -- whatever it is -- is imposed on everyone, by nature of what truth is: that which is true regardless of desire or opinion.

The question, then, comes to be: "What is the truth?" Which is the same question Pontius Pilate asked Jesus, who was, so ironically in that setting, "the way, the truth, and the life."

So, I don't believe the truth must be believed by someone to be true for them. Rather, as truth, it is true, and effects them, both before and after they realize it. So, I don't think graemephillips is trying to "force his truth on people", he's just telling the truth as he sees it.

And people from India might believe hinduism is "the truth". What makes your "truth" any more reliable than his "truth"? It's all speculation, you can believe what you want. But it does not belong in politics, politics effect everyone. Not everyone believes in Christianity. Or any other religion or lack thereof for that matter. None of this is proven. Apu's "faith" in hinduism holds just as much water as your "faith" in Christianity.

My clear point was that he's just being honest with you, yet you criticize him for it. What would you have him do? Lie, and say he doesn't think Christianity is true? Some people like pleasant lies, while others perfer unpleasant truths. I am of the latter variety, because unpleasant truths bring a full and final victory (indeed, as Jesus said, they "set you free"), rather than just a momentary satisfaction and a false sense of success, which is later driven home by utter failure. Wisdom is what we're going for here.

Last edited by Ragtime on 13 Feb 2008, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 4:09 pm

graemephillips wrote:
Do you think I should support homosexual marriage just for sake of appearing trendy? I will live my life as I see fit and I don't make keeping up with the curve a priority. Many people would strongly disagree with my views on these issues, but say that I am a principle-based person, because my views are firmly grounded and aren't ruled by what it is fashionable to believe.

No, you should support it because there's no logical reason not to. The "trendy" comment was just to illustrate its level of acceptance.

Quote:
I intend to fight some forms of "progress". Progress is only good if it fits in with Christian teaching and I intend to resist those elements that don't and support those that do. Change for the sake of change has nothing to offer society.

I know I'm blunt, but I'm just a pragmatic person, always was. I'm not going to oppose a practice that will make many people happy because some scripture referred to it. I can't accept things at face value.