Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:38 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
Effexor was the best anti-depressant I took, but each person reacts differently to different meds. It's sort of pointless asking for advice on this issue, the only way you'll find the right on is 'trial and error'.

true, but all the same, no one seems to be naming the older stuff as being 'useful' --- and it was the older SSRI that messed me up (prozac).
my sister has had luck with the extended release effexor so i figure i'm going to try that.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:43 pm

RampionRampage wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:
Effexor was the best anti-depressant I took, but each person reacts differently to different meds. It's sort of pointless asking for advice on this issue, the only way you'll find the right on is 'trial and error'.

true, but all the same, no one seems to be naming the older stuff as being 'useful' --- and it was the older SSRI that messed me up (prozac).
my sister has had luck with the extended release effexor so i figure i'm going to try that.

Prozac didn't work well for me either. If anything Effexor mademe feel too happy, so I cut down on it. I'm prone to psychological dependence.