Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

14 Feb 2008, 5:19 am

Well, it's valentine's Day again. I learned on the news last night people spend over $100 dollars on that day. Whoa. I have never spent that much. All I do for that day is a card and a gift while people do flowers, jewelry and go out.
I got my boyfriend a card and a huge key made out of chocolate. My boyfriend got me chocolate and Sweethearts.

What does everyone else do on the holiday? Do you like it or hate it? Do you care for it or no?

I used to not care for it because it did nothing for me. I liked it when I was in elementary school and preschool because we all got Valentine Cards and that was fun but when I reached Junior high, there was no Valentine's. It wasn't like elementary school where all students give cards to everyone. But in middle school and high school, it's not done anymore and you only do it to people you like or to your partner. So the holiday was dead to me. I did give out Valentine's when I was 13 and when I was 14 I gave out lollipops and then when I was 15, it was only to people in the resource room and to a girl I was attracted to.

Now in my adulthood it became something again when I got a boyfriend. Last year I got my bf chocolate and this year I got my current bf a card and chocolate shaped like a key.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 5:34 am

From 1997-1999, during my first relationship, I didn't really get to do anything with her because she was cheating on me the whole time.

From 2003-2006, during my second relationship, she and I would send each other gifts and V-day cards through the mail because she and I lived 1,200 miles away.

During my single years, including this year, I don't really do anything.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

celtic_silver
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2008, 5:35 am

Ah Valentine's day to me is one of those days that tends to be either very good. Or just plain crap. :D

This was one of those good ones. I'm currently in a long distance relationship, but I just sent an electronic message of love and an ASCII art rose I spent some time on. I would have loved to get her a better present, but as it is I'll be sure to send her something really awesome on her birthday. ^^

A definition by words is merely a means to deceive oneself. It's meaningless before the truth. What matters is how you perceive things. The slightest shift, then life and death no longer have any meaning.

chocolate_kitties
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Feb 2008, 5:55 am

I sent my boyfriend an electronic card a few days ago and today he wished me happy Valentine's Day. That's it.
I really don't care.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 6:13 am

It's just an excuse for young couples to kiss in front of me, and make me want to listen to The Sex Pistols, all the more.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 6:25 am

celtic_silver wrote:
This was one of those good ones. I'm currently in a long distance relationship, but I just sent an electronic message of love and an ASCII art rose I spent some time on.

Sounds like a cool idea!!

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 7:28 am

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: due to sickness and a destroyed relationship this day will hurt for a long time :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 8:13 am

I use 2 like it but now I HATE IT!! !! !! Seeing couples making out makes me sad especilly on this day! it brings my piss 2 a boil! :evil:

I only like it for the candy next 2 easter.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 9:12 am

the best valentine's day came a few weeks after i'd almost died (yay for shrinks giving bad med combos and inducing month-long suicidal/dissociate state!).
we made ravioli from scratch - dough included - as well as a from-scratch alfredo sauce. we cheated on dessert and did one of those no-bake cheesecake things.
best v-day, for a minimal price. since the point is, after all, spending time with your partner.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 10:02 am

I go to work and go about my usual routine. I stay home with my cats.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 10:19 am

A flower for all. Happy Valentine's day. :heart:

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 10:52 am

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you here, and here's hoping all you guys and gals are with your sweethearts!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

14 Feb 2008, 11:13 am

I used to like valentines day until my first year of high school.

Everyone I saw had a rose from someone...whether it be a friend, or a significant other...some even had more than one rose. I didn't even get ONE!
It's not that I wanted a rose...but more that I had wanted to be accepted for so long and having proof that I was different and not accepted all around me was torture!

Today, I think of valentines day as a day where people spend rediculous amounts of money [getting ripped off in the mean time] to impress their significant other...when they could do more from giving them a kiss and saying sincerely..."I love you,".

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 11:59 am

Its overhyped n pointless n by da way there is no such ting as love.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 12:42 pm

I use Valentine's Day as an excuse to draw fanart of my favorite anime couples. :D I have a lot of work to do if I plan on finishing them all before the day is over...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Feb 2008, 12:58 pm

i liked it in school when we were giving each other trading cards and candies, now however i dont really care about it