Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 4:42 pm

The other day the CO detector in my house went bad and was indicating "Move To Fresh Air,” so I did. I unplugged the sucker, plugged it into another outlet in a different room, and hit the reset button. It went off and again indicated, "Move To Fresh Air.” I thought to myself and said, "Well, this outlet is next to the garbage can and it does stink!" So I moved it to the bathroom and hit the reset button. It went off and again indicated, "Move To Fresh Air.” So I call my non-Aspie wife downstairs, she pauses for a moment, and it hits her. "Get the kids! I'm calling 911!! !" So I race upstairs and drag the kids out of bed, baby in hand, and proceed to go outside and await the Fire Department. As it turns out, "Move To Fresh Air" meant that I should have moved to fresh air. I thought it meant the CO detector was not getting a good reading and needed fresh air. So much for an IQ of 178. :roll: So the Fire Department comes, checks our house out, determines there is no CO issues, and lets us back in. I ended up at Wal-Mart at midnight buying two new CO detectors, this time top-of-the-line models, so we could sleep that night and have a back up if one ever goes bad again.

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 5:09 pm

Trigger11 wrote:
As it turns out, "Move To Fresh Air" meant that I should have moved to fresh air. I thought it meant the CO detector was not getting a good reading and needed fresh air. So much for an IQ of 178. :roll:

Hmmm?

Do you think maybe you're an aspie?

:wink:

*Sorry couldn't resist :lol:

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 12:54 am

As my very intelligent boyfriend (we are both aspies) said after an incident I shall not recount. . . "You can't fake stupid like that."

Yup. Us. Ain't it fun?

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button