Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

viska
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 12:01 am

I want to get into a 2d fighting game. A few years back I was into Guilty Gear XX, I loved playing it. I had a bunch of friends that I played it with - we would all gather and trade off. It was great.

I don't have any friends that like 2d fighting games now, or a modern gaming console. So I want to get a console and play one online. Can I do this? I'm guessing the xbox 360 is the best console to go for online play. Do they have a Guilty Gear XX, SF3:3S, or other 2d fighter ported to it? Will I be able to find people to play against online, or is everyone busy playing halo?

Thanks.

Anyu
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2008, 12:33 am

That's tough. 2d fighters are not as popular now as they used to be, and finding one on a modern console, with online play, is pretty tough. Right now I can't think of any, but on the XBox 360 I know you can download some through XBox Live Arcade. Street Fighter II, at least. There is no Guilty Gear for it though, sadly.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 10:10 pm

:(

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 10:28 pm

they been working on an update of Street Fighter 2 with glorious HD graphics for the XBox as well. I love the art in 2d fighting games so I'm a bit excited. Here's a comparison of sprites: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... ighter.jpg

Though some idiot filtered the scaling on the original one :roll:

Starscream
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2008, 2:35 pm

i play em' all the time to the point of having MAME versions of most of em', main games i play are

Street Fighter
Darkstalkers
Guilty Gear
Mortal Kombat
Fatal Fury
Samurai Shodown

but sadly dont play online due to me firewall being a pain with most things for online play