Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 8:20 pm

Anyone else think this movie was genius beyond genius?

Shayne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2008, 8:45 pm

ive read a few of chuck's books

probly the only author ive ever followed.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 8:56 pm

I don't know about genius beyond genius, but I watched it about a dozen times I liked it so much. Mostly on DVD. Never read the book.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 9:03 pm

I really seem to connect with it. After all these years of confusion/sadness, I wonder sometimes if I've developed a split personality. And as such, I see great value in how Tyler's other personality did all of those things...all those things he never thought he could do.

And not just that, I agree with his outlook on life. I look at downtown Pittsburgh and all the big building, signs and whatnot. Such an eyesore. It's such a beautiful landscape, so unique once you get those ugly pillars out of the way.

Too many people in this World. And we're not going anywhere anytime soon, so why do we all live in such a consumer ridden materialistic World? We're damning our children's children, all so we can drive a big fancy car? I never saw the value in money, in possessions.

Yet all society is about is go to school, learn your trade, get a job and accumulate material possessions. Maybe they all don't know how blessed they are to have human connections, growing complacent with them and going on to the next best thing...things.

And so adamant they are on their way of life. I can't believe they would really justify this World. And it won't last. We live too greedily, ruining everything we touch. Maybe they think Space Travel will solve it all...so don't worry about it. But like I said, we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Especially considering what most people care about. Peripheral matters. Everyones too afraid or too oblivious to admit it, but humanity is screwed in the most royal way. Bring it down before it's too late, I say. I wish I could, but one person alone can't save the World :(

Unless you're Tyler Durden :D

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 9:54 pm

Come onnnnn, one of you has to relate to such an epic movie.

Jivi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2008, 4:34 am

I love fight club.
First of all it is a movie well made (good story, actors, lighting, direction).
I like the concept that one personality is not able to do the things that the other personality can do.
It connects to me too: everybody knows me as a very nice person who is never upset, but sometimes I do get upset/angry and I just hide it in front of people, I wish I could express myself more.....maybe I will eventually develop another personality.

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2008, 5:54 am

Chuck lives in the same city as me, Portland. I met him at a writing convention. He was a real dick. Just hit on as many girls as he could, and thought was some big shot. Read endlessly from his new book. He wasn't invited back the next year.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 8:02 am

Bluesummers wrote:
I really seem to connect with it. After all these years of confusion/sadness, I wonder sometimes if I've developed a split personality. And as such, I see great value in how Tyler's other personality did all of those things...all those things he never thought he could do.

And not just that, I agree with his outlook on life. I look at downtown Pittsburgh and all the big building, signs and whatnot. Such an eyesore. It's such a beautiful landscape, so unique once you get those ugly pillars out of the way.

Too many people in this World. And we're not going anywhere anytime soon, so why do we all live in such a consumer ridden materialistic World? We're damning our children's children, all so we can drive a big fancy car? I never saw the value in money, in possessions.

Yet all society is about is go to school, learn your trade, get a job and accumulate material possessions. Maybe they all don't know how blessed they are to have human connections, growing complacent with them and going on to the next best thing...things.

And so adamant they are on their way of life. I can't believe they would really justify this World. And it won't last. We live too greedily, ruining everything we touch. Maybe they think Space Travel will solve it all...so don't worry about it. But like I said, we're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Especially considering what most people care about. Peripheral matters. Everyones too afraid or too oblivious to admit it, but humanity is screwed in the most royal way. Bring it down before it's too late, I say. I wish I could, but one person alone can't save the World :(

Unless you're Tyler Durden :D

That was really well said, and you already know I love Fight Club.

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2008, 10:59 pm

Yeah, fight club was genius. I liked the ideas behind it, even though I'm a kind of a consumerist. My stuff does make me happy, but people usually make me more happy. :D