Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 9:31 pm

To thank you all. I've suffered from something I couldn't quite place all my life, but never found anyone who could relate to it. Unbelievable that I've lived 21 years without even hearing of AS, the first time I ever heard it mentioned was on a World of Warcraft forum.

I didn't know what Asperger's syndrome was, and given my obsessive nature towards words, I looked into it. BAM. A lot of it seemed to fit, but I only dabbled into understanding it at first. I didn't want to admit there was something really wrong with me, or that that something was wrong at all.

And upon the suggestion of the only friend I have, my baby's momma <3, I looked into it some more. Wow. All the things I've ever discovered about myself and my life, thrown right back at me. I have very little doubts now.

So thank you, to you all, who've created such a haven for those who don't seem to belong anywhere else. And furthermore, thank you for any efforts directed towards bringing light to this affliction. All of my most awful days were spent contemplating what the hell was wrong with me, no one should have to live in the dark.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 9:57 pm

Welcome :D

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 12:43 am

Welcome Bluesummers,

Glad to see you found your way home at last. :)

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

16 Feb 2008, 2:42 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

I'm sure you'll find many here you can relate to.

Helen

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 6:50 pm

Welcome Bluesummers, nice name. I too felt alone after being diagnosed just 2 years ago. I was glad to find this website because most people I've asked, don't know about Asperger's. My psychiatrist suggested that I go to a support group for this after what I'd been through. Never could find one around my area, then found this website so I don't feel totally alone. :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 Feb 2008, 5:03 am

Hi Bluesummers,

welcome to WP.

Bluesummers wrote:
All of my most awful days were spent contemplating what the hell was wrong with me, no one should have to live in the dark.

I couldn't agree more with this...no one deserves to live life wondering whats wrong with them...it is torture. Then again, having AS isn't such a bad thing...there are positives. :)