Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Perambulator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2008, 6:25 am

I drank 3 pints of Guinness stout beer last night. I always go out one night a week and every week it's a Friday. I usually don't talk to people but just go to a club so I can say to myself at least I'm within reach if there's even the shadow of a possibility a woman needs a man like me out there. I always drink Guinness and my excuse for going out, even though I rarely enjoy it and end up feeling miserable compared to most people is that Guinness really is good for you. It has a surfeit of iron in it as well as an array of vitamins.

In the UK mothers giving birth used to be given a pint of Guiness from the NHS. Politically correct times have changed that. Studies claim that Guinness can be beneficial to the heart. Researchers found that antioxidant compounds in Guinness, similar to those found in certain fruits and vegetables, are responsible for health benefits because they slow down the deposit of harmful cholesterol on the artery walls. Some scientific research indicates a moderate consumption of alcohol mildly increases your intelligence too.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 8:17 am

Try Guinness Foreign Extra Stout. You can only get it in bottles but it's really nice and thick and deep. Strong but you'll only want one bottle!

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 8:49 am

did they really used to give mothers beer? i wouldn't mind that.
if going out to drink makes u feel miserable u shouldn't do it. maybe try joining a beer appreciation course or something (yes i have heard of such things) u can have a drink with peoples that have the same interest as you. in courses like that u can learn to pair certain beers to certain foods just like u can with wine.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 1:00 pm

I used 2 drink stout a lot but nowadays i drink mainly bitter.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2008, 8:16 pm

howzat wrote:
I used 2 drink stout a lot but nowadays i drink mainly bitter.

I drink whatever looks good on the bar. I prefer locally-brewed real ales whenever I can get them but if not a nice stout can suffice. If not then I'll have a nice pint of best bitter. If there isn't any they have just lost a customer.