Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pixie-bell
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2008, 8:35 pm

I received peer reviewed feedback on my critical review from another individual in my group whose exact words were 'when did you even critically analyze?' She received a A3 for her CR and I an A5. Anyway, today she sent a first draft of her second critical review to all the members of the group for peer reviewed feedback. As I was reading it I discovered that her wording (in terms of phrasing) is uncannily like mine and not apparent in her first CR. I should mention that everyone has to give copies of their previous work to other members of the group to gain feedback.

Both of our topics are on different things, and while it is not directly plagiarism, I am scared I will be accused of such because the writing will be similar. I have a rather formal way of writing and have difficulty changing any aspect of it.

I don't know whether I should speak to my supervisor about it or whether I should just leave it?

zee
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 9:15 pm

If anyone mentions it, you have your earlier drafts. Plus the way you write is probably similar to the way you talk, so it's not likely they'll accuse you of plagerism.

I don't know if you should get your soop involved... how big a deal is it?

pixie-bell
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2008, 9:50 pm

I'm currently in honors and every assessment counts toward my degree, so it is rather a big deal. I think I shall wait and see, I may be worrying a little too much. Thank you for your advice.