Sometimes 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
What's a bra?/I make my own 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 43

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 11:50 pm

Not especially. I get so hung up on the flashy colors and fabrics at victoria's secret that any stress of shopping becomes a literal non-issue. I have a whole collection and don't really need more, but I can't help myself :roll:

I am glad I know my size, and therefore don't need an in-person fitting. That might be stressful. Would suggest taking a bunch of varied sizes into the dressing room and trying them on to see which fits best.

venuseagle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2008, 5:46 pm

Most of the time I don't wear one, too uncomfortable and irritating. The straps bring out my eczema. But because I don't wear one I can't get away with see-through tops. I only ever wear one if I'm going to the GP or wearing something that is see-through (not very often). Shops don't tend to have my size bra anyway.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 5:54 pm

I haven't gone shopping for bras in a long time. I don't think I need any more at this point. My mom got all my bras for me so it was stress free for me.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2008, 11:14 pm

I find bra shopping at anyplace that isn't a "lingerie store" very stressful. JCPenney, Sears, Kohl's, Target...all useless, to me. The bras are scattered everywhere, the sizing is all different, and the racks are too close together! Everything falls on the floor and hangs crooked, and it just freaks me out! Even if I do manage to find some in my size, I try them on and think, "What the heck?" my breasts either look like they're sitting on a shelf, or are pointing the wrong direction, or are cone-shaped. I don't know who designs cheap bras, but it's probably a man.

I only buy bras at GAP Body or Victoria's Secret, or maybe an outlet mall that has a Playtex or Bally (but there aren't any of those where I live). I'm a 34DDD-36DD depending upon the brand, and many stores don't even STOCK that size. The worst is trying to find a sports bra that doesn't leave my flying all over the place when I run or kickbox. It's painful to not have proper support!

So, yeah, I'm with you. It's awful. Also very expensive...my bras are usually the most expensive part of my outfit!

Malady
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2008, 8:50 am

I am almost, almost almost 17. I unfortunately wear an E-F, i live in government housing and am recieving benefits. I find that I cannot afford the bras I need, so i wear a mix of second hand, "presents" from mother and cheapish new ones. This doesnt help my already quiet considerable discomfort, caused by kyphoscolios and syringomyelia. in lay-people terms my back is utterly screwed.
I would prefer corsetry... but again the cost issue come into affect. I am pleased to find that I am not the only one out there who dislikes shopping for underwear; your description was perfect.... give me a shoe department any day.

miss_understood
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Mar 2008, 9:02 am

Shopping of any sort is stressful

Esp if its clothes shopping for myself.

I am so fussy with what i will or won't wear, and bra's have to b just right. The material etc has to feel ok.

I am unfortunate enough to be a 32 G, But i have found one bra that i like, and buy several of the same one. It is available online so no stress. Not many places stock my size anyway.

I am the same with t-shirts and trousers etc, and also with being short, its difficult to get any trousers that fit either.

ahh shopping is such a nightmare!