Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Paladin_Cecil
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2008, 11:42 pm

Every time I talk to someone (which is almost never) I get really nervous. And that could be the reason why I can't make friends. I don't know.

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2008, 5:09 am

It happens to me too, dude

Usually with girls. Its all thanks to people telling me all these stupid rules about how NTs act and its all too arbitrary for it to be true. Sometimes, if I feel like the conversation isn't going too well, I just say ''I gotta go'' and I leave. Not socially acceptable but it works

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2008, 5:42 am

Yeah, me too. Though I wouldn't say it was exactly nerves, I just tend to be more shy and reserved around people I'm not comfortable around or who I don't know that well.

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 7:54 am

I'm completely silent until I have something I must add to the conversation. So I end up mostly speaking when I disagree. So NT's think I'm negative just because I always disagree. I don't. I agree with lots. I just don't feel like I have a reason to speak when I do.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2008, 1:53 pm

I get the feeling I make people nervous, but yeah, I get nervous around people. All that eye-contact is overwhelming.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 12:53 am

My nt friend is always telling me what to do and not to but shes a screwball too, just not AS.

My mom used to always start arguments in order to have a conversation.

When I get nervous I talk too much and my upper lip sweats.