Films with Autistic/Aspie Characters which don't mention AS

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Batman88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2008, 9:12 am

Robin Willams' character in the film "Awakenings" maybe?

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2008, 5:14 am

This kind've reminds me of gay/lesbian forums where every character under the sun is a closet homosexual. It makes me a bit queasy.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 11:11 am

Thomas1138 wrote:
This kind've reminds me of gay/lesbian forums where every character under the sun is a closet homosexual. It makes me a bit queasy.

Alfred Kinsey establishes that few people are completely hetero or homosexual, but most are bi in his sudies. so 8)

oh yeah, not film but Goo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Phob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2008, 5:57 am

nory wrote:
I forgot to mention, I actually saw perhaps more AS in Hugh Grant's character even, than the boys. Certainly a lot of alienation and inwardness, his whole "island" living thing and segments of time

Hmm...I see what you mean there

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

08 Apr 2008, 9:37 am

I think the characters name was Eric in the movie "The Boy who could fly" had characteristics that could be consistent with being on the spectrum.

nory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

Hilary and Jackie?

In the vein of films where excessive genius in some areas leads to a decrease of social skills or sensitivities in others, I actually prefer "Proof" though. (although I was younger when i saw it so may judge differently now). I was very fond of Proof.

I just noticed its on TV in half an hour. I'm not sure if I want to see it again. I saw it when it first came out and parts of her character were quite unappealing or incomprehensible while others were not... see Wikipedia extract:

"Hilary and Jackie is a 1998 British biographical film directed by Anand Tucker. The screenplay by Frank Cottrell Boyce is based on the memoir A Genius in the Family by Piers and Hilary du Pré, which chronicles the life and career of their sister, cellist Jacqueline du Pré. The film attracted controversy and criticism for allegedly distorting details in the musician's life, and Hilary du Pré publicly defended her version of the story."