Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 3:07 am

the elder scrolls, probably one of the best game series out there imo!

love oblivion, trying to teach my self how to mod atm :)

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2008, 4:13 pm

.....it's almost all-the-time the only non-Arcade game I play on my 360.

andie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2008, 2:05 pm

Great game,almost finished now.Loved and completed Morrowind too.
The only games i've never lost interest in,besides Tetris. :D

NeverMore8123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Mar 2008, 6:44 pm

I'm an Oblivion fanatic! And I mean that in the literal sense, I've been playing Oblivion off and on for several years now and have beat every part of it tens of times(still never beat shivering isles). I'm obsessed with trying to get the perfect balance of performance, graphics, and mods thrown in. I've installed the game hundreds of times (I have to reinstall it every time I mess it up too bad with tweaks and mods:P). My characters are usually paladins(custom class not default ones) or mages or a combination of the two but I've played a couple assassins less successfully before. My current build of Oblivion is my best one yet, I used the newest version of FCOM 0.98 to combine aspects of OOO, MMM and Francesco's mod along with 70 other various mods and still growing. The performance isn't great but it's good on medium texture size with various ini tweaks and Streamline running all functions. The content and gameplay is perfect, slightly difficult when I walk in a sigil tower and have to fight 50 dremora but I handle it okay. My current character is a level 24 imperial paladin with the argonian companion from Ruined Tail's Tale. Anyways I got a little side tracked, I do apologize...

I'm serious when I say this: If you have any questions about Oblivion concerning anything to do with it, whether it be performance issues, mods,lore whatever, it would make my day to answer them for you, makes me feel useful,lol :wink:

"My boy that's all I make, which is why I'm such a lonely man."

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 10:29 am

corroonb wrote:
I've had it on both PC and Xbox 360 and I'm currently playing through the Shivering Isles which is much better than the main quest. I'm a Warrior Nord with Alchemy and Restoration and the game is so much easier than when I was a thief or a mage.

my boyfriend liked shivering isles better but i got bored real quick..

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2008, 11:45 am

didnt play the expansions after oblivion (shiver isles and knights of the 9) . Didnt complete it ; wont play it anymore, found better games, dont like the leveling system, if all your skills are capped what is the point of leveling ?

NeverMore8123

22 Mar 2008, 8:28 pm

victorvndoom wrote:
didnt play the expansions after oblivion (shiver isles and knights of the 9) . Didnt complete it ; wont play it anymore, found better games, dont like the leveling system, if all your skills are capped what is the point of leveling ?

I agree the leveling system needs some tweaking to be truly satisfying might be too late now but I'd recommend AF leveling mod and Legendary Mastery, which in this order, change how you level and uncap skills and stats to the hard coded 255 limit. Both work perfectly together and are simple to use

"My boy that's all I make, which is why I'm such a lonely man."

NewRotIck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2008, 8:37 pm

I recently started playing Oblivion again with Obscuro's mod and a levelling mod and it's infinitely better than before.

My biggest problem with the (unmodded) game was the levelling system, where you had to jump through rediculous hoops to optimise your character. And my OCD tendencies forced me to optimise my character even though it completely ruined the game for me. I can't explain design decisions like that other than to assume they wanted me to hate the game. AAARGH! Thankfully this is fixed by a simple mod that gives me a +4 multiplier on all stat increases when I level, so I don't have to worry about controlling skillups and can actually play the game. It still doesn't fix the asymmetric endurance/HP levelling effect though - if you improve endurance during early level-ups you'll end up with more HP than if you do it later.

The other big annoyance I had was that enemies were always around the same level as the character, completely defeating the purpose of levelling. Which is fixed by Obscuro's.

victorvndoom
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2008, 4:27 am

that was the purpose of the game that you would encounter mobs of your level
that is what the games are famous about in the passed (elder scrolls III)

i played the elder scrolls III out , oblivion not

i placed the map of oblivion on my table and used glass beed markers to check where the trainers were and also where i travelled too

Paguk
Raven
Raven

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

23 Mar 2008, 1:49 pm

Ah, Oblivion...sweet, sweet digi-crack.

AToughCustomer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2008, 11:00 pm

heh heh
i was sooo addicted to oblivion for like 2 weeks straight a summer or two ago. my friends have some pretty hilarious stories about my ornery actions while they tried to pry me away.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 6:41 am

I love the game but I really dislike the levelling system. I haven't mucked around with game changing mods yet since I haven't played through the game proper yet, so I've been efficiently levelling by making sure all my stat ups are +5 except for luck which is always +1. I levelled endurance first off to get the most HP possible, although even that I haven't quite done since I realised later that I could've buffed up my endurance with enchanted items. Also, apparently raising it beyond 100 continues to provide benefits, which I've only occasionally done.

This is my current character's base stats, I've done something like 60 quests, and I've finished off the Fighter's Guild questline.

Level 19
Health 400
Magicka 150
Fatigue 350

Strength 90
Intelligence 75
Willpower 80
Agility 50
Speed 60
Endurance 100
Luck 81

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2008, 11:07 pm

I liked Morrowind

All you need to know for that game:

Black, Black, White, White, Black

And your done!! !! !!

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Apr 2008, 2:48 pm

I own and I love it the 360 is really stable I've never had problems but I do plan on saving up for a gaming laptop so I can play oblivion because you see some of the unoffical mods and they look way better than the crap that was battlehorn castle it stinks because of no throne and the valut was crap.