If you have had repeated losses of jobs...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

bonzo_dog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2008, 10:57 pm

and if you are asked in an online job application, "Have you ever been involuntarily terminated?" followed by "please list the employers, dates, and reasons" would you provide ALL of them (no matter how many)? If not, how would you decide which one(s) to omit?

It's safe to say that this is a situation that people on the spectrum are MUCH more likely to be in than the general public.

In my case, all of these past jobs aren't in the field that I'm applying for, because I've gone back to school and this is an internship in a field I'm studying.

Semi_Lost_Serenity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2008, 10:59 pm

I creatively omit the truth and do not reply. Technically, they did not fire me because, in my mind, I had already quit.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 3:08 am

If you don't list the bad jobs you had, then they can't follow up on why you got fired. List the good ones only. If they ask why you didn't work for a certain stretch of time, you can say you were in school, travelling, helping with a family crisis, etc. How are they going to know? Just list all your good stuff and tell them what they want to hear.