Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2008, 11:57 am

I have 3 fish, a snake and a shiba inu (japanese dog breed).

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 12:04 pm

4 cats 2 dogs and a pet rock named Europe (Named after the moon, not the continent)

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2008, 12:07 pm

AndersTheAspie wrote:
4 cats 2 dogs and a pet rock named Europe (Named after the moon, not the continent)

cute names... my snake is named clyde from "bonnie and clyde" and my dogs name is akio which means "bright boy" in japanese :wink:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 12:17 pm

I have one cat named Miss Kitty. There's also a stray cat that comes around named Mustache, but he kind of belongs to the whole neighborhood.

dustbowlrefugee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2008, 12:28 pm

2 corn snakes - Zeus and Leto (male and female)
1 milk snake - Perseus
1 dog - Ollie

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 12:52 pm

Several fish (adult ones and babies). In my teens I used to have also a hamster and a guinea-pig. I used to breed also water snails (Ampularia) for two years but in last year the last one died.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

21 Feb 2008, 1:19 pm

Five cats live with me.. I own three of them. The other two are the housemate's. They are called Nenya and Brody. Mine are called Twilight, Shakespeare, and Sister - Twilight is the mummy and the other two are the babies. So Sister is actually Shakespeare's sister! Which was a band! We named them that because the song "Stay" is our relationship song type thing.

Twilight is actually fully called Philip Neutron Twilight, because of the HP Lovecraft and MST3K connections. She was found outside the door when it was around twilight time.

Shakespeare's full name is Shakespeare Vincent (Mighty Boosh was on TV when they were born) McQueen (Great Escape.. he kept running away from his mum as a teeny baby) Gallifrey (Dr Who is one of my obsessions). Think there was another name in there somewhere, but can't remember!

Sister's is Sister Grimalkin (cat in "Macbeth") Howard (again Mighty Boosh.. and Lovecraft) Khan (can't remember why, might have just been a cool name for a cat)

We also have a fish, but I don't know what that one's called, as it was Macbeth's brother's, who lived here before us and left it, and he had two, but one died, and we don't know which one died!

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 1:25 pm

I have a two year old German Shepard Dog. I've had many pets in the past but there's no space for them here. Well, that and the fact that I've hardly no motivation to care for them as I should.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 1:49 pm

My pet cat is currently 17 yrs. old, she's remained very healthy and active. I grew up with the animal as a child and never expected she'd still be here in my adulthood. Of course it's my obligation to care for the cat, but she'll probably be my last pet. I became vegan last year, so it's not in my interest to support the meat industries by buying cat food. I'm not exactly thrilled with the human practice of breeding animals (whether as pets, for food, or other uses) but people ultimately have the freedom of choice in that matter. I'm certainly not opposed to others exercising such freedoms. I've chosen to end my own participation on a personal level, and I leave it at that.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 2:12 pm

Anyone ever feel like they don't own their pets, but their pets own them?

angelbabe6333
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2008, 2:13 pm

Three ferrets, one cat, one parakeet, and a turtle. I don't think I've ever not had a pet. I love animals :) My avatar is a pic of me holding one of my ferrets.

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2008, 3:15 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
Anyone ever feel like they don't own their pets, but their pets own them?

lol you should meet my dog...

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 3:28 pm

three cats (Tybalt, Kate & Kanine) and one rabbit (Stompy, though frequently called 'BUNNEH!').

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

21 Feb 2008, 4:55 pm

I currently live with two littermate cats, a brother and sister named Luna and Cthulhu.

I also have a dojo loach whose been with me for many years; I think that loach is such an interesting word that I just call him The Loach. He has an interesting personality; he likes to pretend he's a stick, and will sometimes "nibble" the tip of my finger.

Many spiders live with me, but since they are technically wild, I'm not sure if I can also count them as pets. But I do talk to them, nonetheless. I usually call the females Charlotte.

I'm godfather to Aridarr's snakes, Luna and Johnny C. (The choices of the name Luna are unrelated.)

I'm planning on getting a tarantula, but they have not had any at PetCo for some time. When I finally get one, I'll start up a cricket colony also. I've kept a cricket colony before; the crickets can and do sing, and I like the sound of cricket song in my living room.

Kalister1: Yes, I'm sure my cats think I'm their pet.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is his own pet...

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 4:57 pm

Three cockatiels: Patty, Picasso, and Pavarotti.

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2008, 4:57 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Three cockatiels: Patty, Picasso, and Pavarotti.

WHAT NAMES! love it!