Page 12 of 14 [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 11:23 pm

well I know that not all of them are
thats dumb to assume lol
and I didn't imply that ;)

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2008, 3:19 am

Well then why are people picking on Aspies for. Maybe I could of chose to become a aspie psychopath but i didnt and why because I wanted to the right thing. To be a respecting person if not to a other person atleast to myself. Alot of people can have psychopath tendencies. We all do at some stage in our life. The difference between people is that some people Choose to do the wrong thing and others Choose to the right. It doesnt matter wether your AS or not. There is good people with AS and there is as*holes with AS. The same goes for NT's. Having autism doesnt make you more psycho, that if you got the tendency you garna act on it because your mind already so impaired. Thats BS
Everyone has a choice and if there is more AS sociopaths than NT it simply because theyd using an excuse because their is something wrong with them they cant help it or shouldnt have to take on as much responsability for thier actions. They are playing victim. It's an attitude and again that comes down to choice.
Everyone knows right from wrong.

rogerharris
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2008, 11:56 am

Samara wrote:
Well then why are people picking on Aspies for. Maybe I could of chose to become a aspie psychopath but i didnt and why because I wanted to the right thing. To be a respecting person if not to a other person atleast to myself. Alot of people can have psychopath tendencies. We all do at some stage in our life. The difference between people is that some people Choose to do the wrong thing and others Choose to the right. It doesnt matter wether your AS or not. There is good people with AS and there is as*holes with AS. The same goes for NT's. Having autism doesnt make you more psycho, that if you got the tendency you garna act on it because your mind already so impaired. Thats BS
Everyone has a choice and if there is more AS sociopaths than NT it simply because theyd using an excuse because their is something wrong with them they cant help it or shouldnt have to take on as much responsability for thier actions. They are playing victim. It's an attitude and again that comes down to choice.
Everyone knows right from wrong.

thats where the debate come ins. The neuroscience says that psycopaths have a deficit which makes them unable to learn right and wrong at an emotional level. I havent seen any evidence which says aspies=sociopath, just that there is a crossover point where some aspies manifest as sociopath, and when it does go wrong these killers are more out there than other serial killers.

Society reacts emotionally to things it cannot understand, hence there does not seem much logic here to put things into context. statistical questions like are psychopathic crimes higher in aspies is really whats important.

I doubt it, sociopaths take pleasure from beating other humans at their own game.They enjoying being able to take things further and further without any natural instincts to stop them. The idea of going to jail doesnt really bother them at an emotional level. They live from social game moment to social game moment, and are so at ease with getting one over everybody else, that the idea of a socially confined environment like jail isnt the deterrent it would be for an aspies.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 5:27 pm

the darkk side of nts....
witch hunts
macarthism
gatama bay

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 5:34 pm

I guess the girl who owned the Protection Force for Females against Autistics, decided to infiltrate Wikipedia with her paranoid anti-Autie sentiments, since she got her site kicked off of Facebook.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 11:59 pm

It is my opinion that some people have their wires crossed and this confusion causes them to impute the sins of psychopaths on asperger people... I like that expression "to have their wires crossed" - paints a pretty picture.

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 5:40 am

Samara wrote:
when I was a teen I seriously thought of killing my mum and stepdad. I remember making a phone call when I was 15. I wanted a person dead but I didnt want to take away someone's father. If it had of been ok with this person. I would have killed. There is no doubt. As an adult I went through a stage were I was so angry. More than Ive ever been. I wanted to kill some one.
It could have come to that especailly given how confused I was.
This person would not have deserved at all so does that make me a psychopath? I have had many assessment. I have had my medical and criminal history examined by a forsenic psych and I havnt been labelled with any psychopathic disorder.

Because it wasn't dx'ed, doesn't mean it ain't so.
Because psychosis wasn't dx'ed at the time, doesn't mean you don't have psychotic episodes.
Ultimately, diagnoses are essentially based on what you choose to tell the psych.

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2008, 6:50 am

Most serial killers are low-intelligent, but there is a group of high-intelligent serial killers which we should look closer at.

I think that resentment from the NT society could lead to alienation of Aspergians and make some of them become violent against NT;s.

Such outbursts of terrorism are not good because they may turn the NT;s against Aspergians.

It is advisable that Aspergians are organising collectively as a group, to prevent violence.

Jenna
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2009, 5:23 am

So if "professionals" are labeling both Einstein and Dahmer autistic, than what would the two have in common?? I think the distinction they need to make is that between being sick and not sick. I don't think aspergers has anything to do with it.

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2009, 5:30 pm

How was Dahmer autistic? Are people confusing sociopath with autism now?

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2009, 6:03 pm

The American Psychiatric Association defines a sociopath as follows:

Antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of regard for the moral or legal standards in the local culture. There is a marked inability to get along with others or abide by societal rules. Individuals with this disorder are sometimes called psychopaths or sociopaths.
Diagnostic Criteria (DSM-IV)

1. Since the age of fifteen there has been a disregard for and violation of the right's of others, those right's considered normal by the local culture, as indicated by at least three of the following:

A. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest.
B. Conning for pleasure or profit, repeated lying, or the use of aliases.
C. Failure to plan ahead or being impulsive.
D. Repeated assaults on others.
E. Reckless when it comes to their or others safety.
F. Poor work behavior or failure to honor financial obligations.
G. Rationalizing the pain they inflict on others.
2. At least eighteen years in age.
3. Evidence of a Conduct Disorder, with its onset before the age of fifteen.

4. Symptoms not due to another mental disorder.

This definition doesn't quite tell the whole story, though. Sociopaths are often disguised as ordinary, even likable people; but a closer look at their lives shows that they often cause heartbreak and catastrophe to anyone who makes the fatal error of getting close to them.

People with this disorder appear to be charming at times, and make relationships, but to them, these are relationships in name only. They are ended whenever necessary or when it suits them, and the relationships are without depth or meaning, including marriages. They seem to have an innate ability to find the weakness in people, and are ready to use these weaknesses to their own ends through deceit, manipulation, or intimidation, and gain pleasure from doing so.

In short, sociopaths are like a person who lives inside a room full of mirrors. They are motivated by their own needs and feelings and only interact with other individuals as a means to gaining something that they feel they need. They have no regard for the other person's feelings or consequences beyond their own personal goals.

Romantically, they can be charming, give flattering comments and do little favors and give apparent undivided attention -- all the activities that we usually associate with someone who is kind and loving. But these are just learned behavior -- a means to an end -- and disguise the fact that the sociopath has no feeling of empathy or love, as most people know it.

Taken to the extreme, a sociopath is capable of murder, rape and violence. They can beat up an old woman, abuse a child or kill students in a classroom with calm, calculating precision. They simply do not feel the sense of right or wrong, or compassion. To the sociopath, these concepts are intellectual -- not emotional.

Read More here

http://www.mondovista.com/sociopath.html

Would also like to add that a sociopath can pass lie detector test, can the sociopath fool psychiatrists?

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 11:56 am

Richard Nixon definately seems AS I've heard people say he has it and I don't doubt it.

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 3:21 pm

MartyMoose wrote:
Richard Nixon definately seems AS I've heard people say he has it and I don't doubt it.

Crap. Now I'm ashamed to be an Aspie. :oops:

"Vortex of Freedom" Radio Show
Saturdays 6PM Eastern - 5PM Central
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maditude

Ad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2010, 11:54 pm

I think many of us become violent after years of persecution from NTs, they are naturally sadistic, cruel, cold and hateful

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2010, 12:58 am

Oh thank you for digging this old thread up, I am sick and tired of this Aspie = Socialpath
Lock this Thread

JHenry2848
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2010, 1:10 am

In my social isolation I feel scared about how similar I am to most serial killers. Ofcourse i never hurt and animal or even another person willinglly but my personality shows the signs of those who murder. I think there are alot of other factors involved into psychopathy even though it's similar to Aspergers it is not the same. Psychopaths tend to of had horrible childhoods, caused by bad parents. As adults their social isolation manipulates their feelings.

Human morality is very changable. Look at how many germans were supportive of Hitler during world war 2. Thousand of seeminglly "normal" people in the german army willinglly killed thousands of jews. Psychopathy is an issue of Emotion not autism. There seem to be similarities between the most well known serial killers and autistics but still im sure there are more NT murderers than Autistic ones in this world anyway.