Shaklee's Stress Relief Complex for Anxiety?

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

happybrats3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2008, 7:34 am

Just checking in! Have anymore questions?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 9:00 pm

My psychiatrist was unfamiliar with Shaklee Stress Relief complex, and with the ingredients in that and in the Swanson product, except to say that the L-Tyrosine would have a similar effect to the clorazepam that I am taking (she gave some details about chemicals being transfered across neurons, but I did not follow the biochemistry). Anyway, she advised against taking the herbal supplements, not knowing how they would interact with the clorazepam. I'll ask my psychologist this week, too.

happybrats3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2008, 9:50 pm

I used to take it with my Lexapro and had no problems.

:D

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 10:29 am

I had problems with Lexapro -- it made me dizzy --but I think that Lexapro is a different class of drug than clonazepam. Again, I don't know what the difference is, or what class of drug they are in, or what any of it means.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 5:47 pm

My psychotherapist is more favorable to herbal remedies.

So, I've decided to order the Lee Swanson Signature Line Ultimate Stress pills, 90 capsules for $34.99. They offered a free bottle of salmon oil this weekend for orders over $35.00. So, okay, I ordered 500 chlorophyll tablets for $2.49 to bring the subtotal to $37.48, plus $4.95 shipping, for a total of $42.43. No sales tax.

The Swanson product has more L-Theanine and almost as much Ashwaganda root extract as the Shaklee product.

The Swanson product has no beta-sitosterol. However, I still have a lot of SeQuester PhytoQuest Photosterol tablets left over from years ago when I obsessed about my cholesterol. This includes sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol. According to the Shaklee literature, "beta sitosterol, a natural plant sterol, helps to blunt the response of cortisol, a hormone produced during physical stress." So, I don't know--there probably isn't any harm in going back to my SeQuester, which I don't think has been manufactured in the last ten years.

The Swanson product has no L-Tyrosine, but my psychiatrist said that this would have a similar effect to the clonazepam that I am taking.

The clonazepam does sound rather nasty to me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonazepam

I don't quite know why MDs like to prescribe things that have nasty side effects. But, maybe after a month, I'll take myself off of it.

leah961
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2009, 3:29 pm

So does anyone know if the shaklee reduces the effects of birth control at all?