How many NTs does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

aoeui
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2008, 11:05 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
aoeui wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:

This is ignorant and uninformed. Which one goes on the beer run?

I am only giving the bare bones minimum needed to get the job done. Obviously as many people can be added on as desired, with only a small addition of time-to-completion and reduction of probability of success per person.

I was joking...

As was I :(

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 11:34 pm

I am laughing too hard and spilled diet coke on the carpet.....sigh.

And an Aspie to invent the lightbulb as a precursor to the Aspie who discovered electricity.
Aspie to cringe at the bright light and hide.
Aspie to become deeply fascinated with the light and shadows, becoming deeply mesmerized.
Aspie to document all the variations of light bulbs ever invented.
Aspie to draw schematics of the lightbulb upon taking it apart from curiosity.
Aspie to study light wave/particle duality.
Aspie to re-circuit the entire system.
Oh, another distracted Aspie who just forgot to bother with the whole lightbulb thing.
The last Aspie being treated for near electrocution after a deeper investigation, still clutching the quantum meter in his hand.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 11:58 pm

LabPet wrote:
I am laughing too hard and spilled diet coke on the carpet.....sigh.

And an Aspie to invent the lightbulb as a precursor to the Aspie who discovered electricity.
Aspie to cringe at the bright light and hide.
Aspie to become deeply fascinated with the light and shadows, becoming deeply mesmerized.
Aspie to document all the variations of light bulbs ever invented.
Aspie to draw schematics of the lightbulb upon taking it apart from curiosity.
Aspie to study light wave/particle duality.
Aspie to re-circuit the entire system.
Oh, another distracted Aspie who just forgot to bother with the whole lightbulb thing.
The last Aspie being treated for near electrocution after a deeper investigation, still clutching the quantum meter in his hand.

and the practical Aspie that finds the step ladder, knows exactly where the light bulb is in the kitchen drawer, places the step ladder directly to the side of the light fixture, climbs the steps with the bulb deftly held in two fingers, unloosens the burnt out bulb and screws in the the other one, steps down off the ladder, wraps the burnt out bulb in newspaper and places it in the trash an puts away the ladder, flipping the switch on as an afterthought.

Merle

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 1:21 am

How many does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Two, just like usual - the hard part is getting them into the lightbulb!

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

25 Feb 2008, 3:30 am

You forgot a few:

1 NT to conduct a Risk Assessment

1 NT to write Safe Work Procedures

Now you need to wait a few months while these documents are circulated - the consultation process! At least 20 different NTs will need to read it and make comments/suggestions just for the sake of it!

10 meetings to come to agreement on the Risk Assessment and Safe Work Procedure

Multiple 'Competency Based Training' sessions to train all the workers in how to perform the task

Helen

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 4:07 am

One, just like me.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 6:49 am

aoeui wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:
aoeui wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:

This is ignorant and uninformed. Which one goes on the beer run?

I am only giving the bare bones minimum needed to get the job done. Obviously as many people can be added on as desired, with only a small addition of time-to-completion and reduction of probability of success per person.

I was joking...

As was I :(

Ya know, I think it's just best that we leave this one be. :lol: :wink:

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 9:07 am

wow... and I thought the whole answer was:

"Two... but they have to be really small."

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 9:32 am

How many aspies does it take if there are no NTs around, then?

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 10:48 am

This is so not funny. I don't have humour or something. Where's the joke? It's not the truth, so it's not funny.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 11:02 am

Sora wrote:
This is so not funny. I don't have humour or something. Where's the joke? It's not the truth, so it's not funny.

Are you saying that only reality is funny? Exaggerations of it are not? Boy, I guess all the sitcom writers in Hollywood should go ahead and pack it in, then...

How many Aspies does it take to change the same lightbulb? Just the one, but he probably won't remember that it needs to be done until it gets dark out. :)

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 11:23 am

DeaconBlues wrote:
Sora wrote:

Are you saying that only reality is funny? Exaggerations of it are not? Boy, I guess all the sitcom writers in Hollywood should go ahead and pack it in, then...

If only people like me would watch sitcoms, then, yes, Hollywood would loose many of its writers. I just don't 'get it', so I don't feel like laughing. I know others, even my mom, loves these 'funny' TV shows. I usually find those things to be funny that nobody else 'gets'.

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2008, 7:17 pm

hmm.... My ceiling light burned out, and now I just stumble over things in the dark until I get to my lamp to turn it on. Why don't I just grab another light bulb and change my ceiling light? Who knows.... it's been a month or so now.

Aegius
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2008, 2:27 am

I don't know. The NTs are always complaining over who is going to screw the lightbulb in. Due to a loss of patience an Aspie just screws the lightbulb in and then goes on his/her merry way.

bheid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2008, 4:39 am

Ah, a 'we hate NTs' thread (my apologies to sartresue for stealing his thing). We should have more of these; what people have forgotten is that the easiest way to get self esteem is to actively debase others.

and I thought we aspies were supposed to be superior...

Last edited by bheid on 26 Feb 2008, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 5:21 am

Humph

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex