Page 1 of 75 [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jun 2004, 9:40 pm

Hello :) - Welcome to the Friendship Board, created with those of you aged between 19 and 200 years in age [Aspies have a similar lifespan to that of a tortoise].
If you would like to meet other Aspergians from every continent of our fine planet [and perhaps beyond?], post here. Be sure to tell us your age [if you feel comfortable in doing so], gender, country of origin, and anything else you would like our select group to know. Respondents may answer your post via the personal message "pm" function at www.wrongplanet.net.

PLEASE - DO NOT HAVE PERSONAL DETAILS, SUCH AS EMAIL AND RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS, ETC. IN YOUR "AD". IT IS NOT ADVISABLE TO HAVE SUCH INFORMATION AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC USE.

:wink: Happy Friend Finding :wink:

Last edited by TyroneShoelaces on 15 Jul 2004, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishWolf
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2004, 3:33 am

Hi!

I'm female, 21, 22 in August. I live in Tasmania Australia. I work at a BP service station. I also have two heads (just kidding :wink: Tasmanian joke). I LOVE reading, writing, archery, horses, driving (last week i drove a 200 km loop, just cos i could).
I have two parents, which i think is the normal amount :wink: and two brothers and one sister. My youngest brother (8) is diagnosed AS. My Mum and i have both self diagnosed through my brother's diagnosis, if that makes sense. My Dad, sister and other brother are all as NT as they come.
I'd like to make some friends because you can always do with more friends (actually ANY friends would be a start) :roll:

mentalman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2004, 2:45 pm

Hi,

My name is Andrew - I live in Missoula, Montana, in the US, and I'm 19 years old. Just wanted to stick my two cents in here - you can read my intros in the "Getting to Know each Other" forum - the 'questions about you' topic and my intro topic.

I hope to make new friends here as well - as IrishWolf says, it's better to have more friends than none at all.

Well, talk to you all later.

Sincerely yours,

mentalman

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2004, 9:43 pm

Hi, my name is Luke.
I'm 20 and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I have three teenage sisters and two parents, all of which are NT- which frequently leads to a somewhat strained family relationship. I am diagnosed AS, however sadly I'm yet to meet another one (in RL) who seems at all like me.
I am currently unemployed and very bored. Nothing new there, as I've been much the same way ever since I finished school 3 or so years ago. I've had a few odd jobs here and there, but can't seem to find my place in the world.

So thats pretty much it. I don't really do anything, I just somehow find that my days pass themselves by without much effort on my behalf.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2004, 4:33 pm

Gender male Age 33 single never married no kids not looking North America time zone -0600 Speak english wear eyeglass have my own computer :-) Living with family want to move out still looking for a job. I enjoy a program called There spend too much time using it. Like reading varys websites about world affairs high tech, fan of Babylon 5. I am a freethinker ie an atheist :-) that's me a little bit of info

Unico
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jul 2004, 6:23 pm

Hi :D
I'm always looking for more friends (actually, I don't have too many). I posted an introduction in the forum for introductions and there's quite a bit of information in my profile. I enjoy watching movies/anime, creative writing, drawing/painting, reading, and learning about anything out of the ordinary (I find religion/mythology, metaphysics, the paranormal incredibly fascinating). I live with my NT mother and NT (bipolar) brother, so I'm kind of an outsider. My father died a few years back and was a mentally ill alcoholic, so I can relate to weird family issues :wink:
I am writing a novel right now (I wrote one a few years back, but it was awful@_@ Not quite sure where I put my copies of it...) I can't do a lot of social group things because I get very distressed, though I enjoy the company of 1 or 2 good friends. Anyways, I'm open-minded and like talking to people that also feel like they just don't fit in.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2004, 1:22 am

Hello I just joined - was instruced by Doc. I'm male, 21 and live in NZ. I work in a clerical job which I thought was ideal years ago but now I want to get the hell outta there. I'm not sure if I have Asperges Syndrome but my Doctor tells me I probably do. It makes sense, reading what everyone's put in this site. Friends are golden. :ninja:

teejay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2004, 3:55 am

Hello friends, I have recently joined this site. I am a 26 yr old male with undiagnosed aspergers. Everything my family and I have read about this is me though. I live in New Zealand. Most of my spare time is spent on my own, would love to meet some friends who understand the loneliness. I have just started a p/t job street cleaning, hoping it will lead to gardening which I enjoy. Its a job and thats got to be good. I care about the world, try to have a good sense of humour and love music...all kinds but specially old rock. Well that will do for a start, bit nervous about all this...take it easy

lynnredbug
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2004, 5:13 pm

Hello everybody. I am 29, female, originally from Thailand, now living in the US. I've never been professionally diagnosed but it's very clear to me I have AS. I didn't start walking or talking until 2. I didn't say one word throughout the first year of kindergarten. The teachers would ask questions then I nodded or shaked my head. Everybody thought I was extremely shy but since I could read and write at 3 (and our language has 44 alphabets and 21 vowels) my mom wasn't exactly worried. I always hate food touching. In fact, I have 2 separated plates at home just in case one is still in the dishwasher. I'm obsessed with symmetry. I always park my car symmetrically b/w the lines. I can't stand loud noise. My husband wears wireless headphones when he wants to watch some "loud" movie. I was told I looked at people's feet when talking to them. My favorite place as a child was our pink swing my mom put in the living room.

Fortunately, I had this computer teacher in high school who I adored so much I chose to study Computer Science in college. I was employed in the US during the tech boom of the late 90's and have been employed full-time since. Programmers are usually shy and kind of geeky. The profession is autistic friendly. Bill Gates himself likely has AS. I met my husband while working at the previous job. Although NT, we are very compatible. He helps me make decision. Without him I would still be going back and forth b/w Honda Element & Toyota Matrix for another 5 years.

My current boss is also autistic. Needless to say, we get along well at work. At first I didn't know that he was also autistic because when we talked one always looked at the desk and one at the floor. So we never noticed the other was not like everbody else. I get along with other NTs in the company well, too. But I dread Christmas Party when everybody has to bring spouse/date. Meeting new people all at once overwhelms me. I use self checkout counter at the local Walmart. I buy things online whenever I can to avoid the small talks at the cashier.

Despite being AS, I joined an exchange student program back in high school. Mainly because I couldn't stand my high school any more. I was willing to do anything that would get me out of the school. When I had to go to an exchange student meeting with those other super social, rah-rah type students, I would hide in the bathroom as much as I could. Lucky me, my host mother usually lied to the exchange student coordinator. She would say, oh, we had other plan that week. And I didn't get to go much. Once I warmed up to my host mother I clinged to her like I did my own mom. It was so much more fun hanging out with her than going to the meeting. She's NT and very social. But I liked her a lot. We are still close.

When I have to go meet a new client, I stand half a step behind my NT colleague so she is the first to greet the client. When it's my turn I imitate the gestures and greetings I just observed. I can fake the skills but that really drain my energy. My favorite vacation is staying home. Given the choice b/w a free trip around the world and staying home for one year, I choose home.

I have an older sister and two parents. All of which are NTs. My sister is so different from me. She was the most popular kid in high school. My mom and dad were also popular in college. I don't know where I get this AS genetic from????? I'm sure I wasn't adopted. I am a splitting image of my dad and I'm prone to developing cysts like my mom. Everybody has the same blood type. From what I understand my paternal grandfather was very shy. Maybe he had AS? He died when my dad was 13. My paternal grandmother died before I could talk. So I couldn't get a lot of information about grandpa's character.

I'm fortunate that my mom was a teacher (retired). She believes that no child has a learning disability. S/he just needs to be taught differently.

Although I only met a few AS in real life, I found that AS are the best people. We are genuine, honest and friendly in our own way. I'd like to hear from all of you.

Jodi

18 Aug 2004, 6:50 pm

Hi! Im Jodi.
I just turned 19 a few weeks ago. Im a female Aspie (I hear it's a rare breed :P ) I live in North Carolina, USA. And I think i have too much time on my hands :D

baseballfan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2004, 10:07 pm

Hi! I'm Scott. I just joined wrongplanet.net a few weeks ago. I'm a 24 year-old Ph.D. student at Penn State University in State College, PA. You can read my intro in the New Members section ("New Member to WrongPlanet"). My hobbies and interests include computers, writing, digital photography, teaching, and watching hockey and baseball. I'm a very passionate baseball fan. I have a number of friends, but I'm always looking to meet new people. I'm usually signed on to AIM, so if you have an AIM screen name feel free to IM me any time. You can also e-mail me. I would be happy to talk to all of you.

Arashi

23 Sep 2004, 2:09 pm

Hi,

I just joined WrongPlanet about 1/2 hour ago and posted this long intro on the welcome forum
Intro
I'm a 37 year old Unix Admin / Programmer with AS. I have "friends" but no really close ones. I never get into really "deep" discussions with even my oldest friends.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Sep 2004, 3:58 pm

Arashi wrote:
Hi,

I just joined WrongPlanet about 1/2 hour ago and posted this long intro on the welcome forum
Intro
I'm a 37 year old Unix Admin / Programmer with AS. I have "friends" but no really close ones. I never get into really "deep" discussions with even my oldest friends.

Cool. It is nice to see another programmer.

SineWave
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2004, 8:56 pm

Hi. I’m not really looking for friends, more like... attention. It’s my specialty!

Professionally I am a lazy computer programmer. During my free time I’m a philosopher, a sociologist, a manipulative rogue, a relationship-advice-giver and innocent shit-disturber.

I won’t give you much of a biography, because no one ever really knows me, and I like it that way. I often encourage people to get the wrong impression about me, it works out nicely for me.

During my lifetime I have been through hell and back, multiple times. During the last year, I have accepted the fact I have some flavor of Aspergers, I have all of the classic symptoms, but haven’t bothered seeking professional “help” about it. That’s just not my style.

I have had many intellectual obsessions over my years. But my current obsession is my interest in human nature, and the social world. Over the years I have been friends with some horrible human beings, blissfully unaware of this fact, because of my “condition” (unable to see double-meanings, subtle social cues, etc…). But in the last year I’ve started to see the people around me for who they really are.

It’s not been a good year.

But, I’ve also realized that most people in the world are NOT actually that bad. I just hung out with a bad crowd… Which has been a great relief!

I haunt several Internet message boards; I’m thinking this place will be my latest addition. I’m guessing that talking to fellow Aspies will prove very interesting!

Later,

SineWave.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2004, 3:54 am

:D greetings SineWave.... have been entertained by your posts this morning.

SineWave wrote:
...I’m a philosopher, a sociologist, a manipulative rogue, a relationship-advice-giver and innocent sh**-disturber.

makes for some interesting contributions to the boards.... (does that description sound at all familiar to anyone?) :lol:

welcome aboard.

Dunc :twisted:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2004, 4:37 am

ditto duncvis, sinewave.

and i've spent 20-odd years being fascinated with human nature - got rather good at it...

welcome.