Page 75 of 75 [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75

Tia Acheron
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2023, 3:59 am

Hi there.

I am from Sweden, soon to be 28, and I live in the middle of nowhere in this bubble of reality where I just follow my routines and never meet anyone despite how much I love to discover new perspectives and get to know people. I just don't know where to meet people. Found this place through a google search, so, here we go.

I was diagnosed with Autism as an adult, two years ago, quite late though I'm sure there are those who have it worse. I'm still adjusting and learning and I feel like a pile of goo never able to hold onto a single shape for any extended period of time. I cycle through new hyperfixations and ideas as I collect pieces of my own identity that's hopefully someday going to make sense. I wish I had someone to share my hype with when I find a new thing to explore, or someone to share my already existing interests with.

I like to cook, being into calorie counting and the art of modifying recipes to tweak the numbers while not sacrificing taste. A very specific take on cooking I suppose. I like to game, currently playing mostly Dead by Daylight but in the past I've played Ark, Minecraft, Warframe, Total War and many others. I like biking and going for long walks through the forest, as I live in the middle of nowhere and that's really all that's around here. Just long, endless dirt roads lined with trees, trees and more trees. I like to dress in some sort of weird mix of goth/alternative and cute and maybe some country. I don't know. I don't know fashion at all and probably have a terrible fashion sense but I find it fun to experiment. I don't go out though so sometimes the effort feels a bit pointless.

My biggest interest is probably writing. I've been writing my whole life and I'll probably never stop. I am so down for doing writing swaps if there are any fellow writers out there who recognises my plight of having this deep desire to have someone read and react to the stuff you write but anytime you ask someone, or someone offers, they never follow through. It's just empty promises. That's not what I'm here looking for though I'm just looking for friends and this is not a requirement AT ALL I'm just saying hey, if you're like me, you have a kindred spirit here.

Be my friend? Let's talk about our lives, who we are, our struggles, our joys, our fixations. Let's maybe game together or just vent about the world. I don't know. I'm down though. I just wanna meet new people.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2023, 7:13 am

Tia Acheron wrote:
Hi there.

I am from Sweden, soon to be 28, and I live in the middle of nowhere in this bubble of reality where I just follow my routines and never meet anyone despite how much I love to discover new perspectives and get to know people. I just don't know where to meet people. Found this place through a google search, so, here we go.

I was diagnosed with Autism as an adult, two years ago, quite late though I'm sure there are those who have it worse. I'm still adjusting and learning and I feel like a pile of goo never able to hold onto a single shape for any extended period of time. I cycle through new hyperfixations and ideas as I collect pieces of my own identity that's hopefully someday going to make sense. I wish I had someone to share my hype with when I find a new thing to explore, or someone to share my already existing interests with.

I like to cook, being into calorie counting and the art of modifying recipes to tweak the numbers while not sacrificing taste. A very specific take on cooking I suppose. I like to game, currently playing mostly Dead by Daylight but in the past I've played Ark, Minecraft, Warframe, Total War and many others. I like biking and going for long walks through the forest, as I live in the middle of nowhere and that's really all that's around here. Just long, endless dirt roads lined with trees, trees and more trees. I like to dress in some sort of weird mix of goth/alternative and cute and maybe some country. I don't know. I don't know fashion at all and probably have a terrible fashion sense but I find it fun to experiment. I don't go out though so sometimes the effort feels a bit pointless.

My biggest interest is probably writing. I've been writing my whole life and I'll probably never stop. I am so down for doing writing swaps if there are any fellow writers out there who recognises my plight of having this deep desire to have someone read and react to the stuff you write but anytime you ask someone, or someone offers, they never follow through. It's just empty promises. That's not what I'm here looking for though I'm just looking for friends and this is not a requirement AT ALL I'm just saying hey, if you're like me, you have a kindred spirit here.

Be my friend? Let's talk about our lives, who we are, our struggles, our joys, our fixations. Let's maybe game together or just vent about the world. I don't know. I'm down though. I just wanna meet new people.

Hello, Tia. :)

Tia Acheron
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2023, 7:39 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
Tia Acheron wrote:
Hi there.

Hello, Tia. :)

Hi there!

x_Nighthawk_x
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2023, 6:44 pm

Hi, I’m 23 and from the US.
I was diagnosed at age 17. I’m looking for some friends.
My main special interest is Olivier Mira Armstrong Fullmetal Alchemist, manga or Brotherhood anime. I just started reading Silver Spoon and Daemons of the Shadow Realm.

My next main interests are MBTI and Enneagram. I’m an ISTJ and a 1w9 Sp/Sx 163.
I like hard rock and alternative metal music. Disturbed is my favorite band, followed by Five Finger Death Punch and Skillet, though I listen to some others.
My favorite video games are Skyrim, AC: Syndicate, and Dishonored 2.
I also really like reptiles, axolotls, and astronomy.
As for hobbies, I like to draw and make bracelets, and I just started archery and playing electric guitar.
I’m LGBT+. I’m asexual and a grayromantic lesbian. I’m also GNC.

I appreciate those with good conversational skills as I like to have long, in-depth conversations. Small talk bores me to death.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 7:33 pm

I'm 33 and joined Wrong Planet when I was 16.

PM me whenever you want.

My main interests are film, languages, the ocean, space, photography, writing, and reading classic works.

I support LGBTQ+ movements and pro-choice movements as well despite being Catholic.

Grapefruit82
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2023, 6:31 pm

Hi, I'm a 41 year old Aspie female looking to make friends or pen-pals from around the world. I live in the Davis/Sacramento, CA area and work from home on early stage oncology clinical trials.

My interests are probably too numerous to name but they include gardening, cooking especially traditional methods of cooking for instance cooking in donabe clay pots and iron kettles, natural health/wellness, interior design, science, history and youtube. I'd like to get into creating youtube content but am currently too busy/lazy to get started :lol:

My political beliefs are moderate, although to be precise I'm probably closest to libertarian in my views which is sometimes an issue in the town that I live in where pretty much everyone is a "progressive", or at least they'd like to think they are. Throughout my entire life, I've struggled deeply with making and keeping friends. Honestly not sure why and it bothers me intensely that I still don't know, but I think it has to do with being ND and just talking and processing differently. Honestly, I feel like most neurotypical people discriminate subconsiously against ND individuals and for that reason I'd like to meet and make more ND friends.

Aside from friendships, I don't think that being ND has impacted me negatively in any other way, dating-wise or career wise. I would say that I am relatively successful (earning my phD in 2015) and subsequently not had issues in climbing the corporate ladder. I've had many successful long term relationships (always with people who were introverted or perhaps somewhat on the spectrum I think), and my current husband is probably my most challenging long term relationship to date in that he is completely and totally neurotypical and cannot identify with any of my ND traits at all! :roll: :lol:

Please feel free to PM to connect if you'd like to chat or meet up for coffee/tea, especially if you live in the Davis/Sac area. Thanks for reading, :heart:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2023, 8:47 pm

Grapefruit82 wrote:
Hi, I'm a 41 year old Aspie female looking to make friends or pen-pals from around the world. I live in the Davis/Sacramento, CA area and work from home on early stage oncology clinical trials.

My interests are probably too numerous to name but they include gardening, cooking especially traditional methods of cooking for instance cooking in donabe clay pots and iron kettles, natural health/wellness, interior design, science, history and youtube. I'd like to get into creating youtube content but am currently too busy/lazy to get started :lol:

My political beliefs are moderate, although to be precise I'm probably closest to libertarian in my views which is sometimes an issue in the town that I live in where pretty much everyone is a "progressive", or at least they'd like to think they are. Throughout my entire life, I've struggled deeply with making and keeping friends. Honestly not sure why and it bothers me intensely that I still don't know, but I think it has to do with being ND and just talking and processing differently. Honestly, I feel like most neurotypical people discriminate subconsiously against ND individuals and for that reason I'd like to meet and make more ND friends.

Aside from friendships, I don't think that being ND has impacted me negatively in any other way, dating-wise or career wise. I would say that I am relatively successful (earning my phD in 2015) and subsequently not had issues in climbing the corporate ladder. I've had many successful long term relationships (always with people who were introverted or perhaps somewhat on the spectrum I think), and my current husband is probably my most challenging long term relationship to date in that he is completely and totally neurotypical and cannot identify with any of my ND traits at all! :roll: :lol:

Please feel free to PM to connect if you'd like to chat or meet up for coffee/tea, especially if you live in the Davis/Sac area. Thanks for reading, :heart:

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2023, 1:24 pm

Looking to make friends. I am in my early 40's. I live in South Carolina, toward the bottom of the state. I've moved a few times, I wouldn't say I'm nomadic exactly though. Single with no kids.

Some of my favorite hobbies(I know you might expect these from someone younger normally): Video gaming, technology, Scifi, movies/tv, and just riding around. I've discovered an enjoyment of nature some years ago and so I like to get outdoors more nowadays than in years past. I like to try new things sometimes as well.

I am not working currently, I have regular income though. I would like to find others located anywhere in the U.S.A. with similar interests. Those located in the same general region would be even better.

snowblind
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2023, 11:14 am

Hello I'm 19, female from Norway. Was diagnosed almost 3 years ago and trying to make some friends or at least someone to talk to other than my cat lol. I can seem a bit shy and inexpressive but it doesn't necessarily mean I'm uninterested in the conversation, I try my best : )

I enjoy reading, mostly classics, dark lit and some sci-fi, I play videogames(I play a lot of skyrim and other rpg's, also started playing dead by daylight, if you want to add me to steam feel free to ask.), and I also like to draw.
I love music of many genres (Post punk/goth, dark wave, Metal, instrumental/classic, folk/blues, experimental etc etc) So feel free to send me music recommendations as I love to discover new artists and genres.

My favorite season is winter and I love the cold and things that are dark and gloomy. Some of my favorite films are Alien 1979, Only Lovers Left Alive (or anything by Jim Jarmusch), Ginger Snaps 2, and The Thing

peet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2023, 3:37 am

Hi there!

I'm Peet, a 38 year old aspie male from Sweden. I have very recently got diagnosed but been self diagnosed for about 5-6 years.
Most of my adult life I have worked as a teacher. With the years gone by I been becoming more and more specialized in working with ND kids/youths. I tend to get along great with them.

With age and depressions, my social life have been more and more secluded. So at the moment I'm looking forward to making new friends. Preferably adult ND:s. Human. Male/female/etc is less important.
I'm very friendly with a sense of humor. Always up for a new perspective on things, but no hate. I won't tolerate it.

I like to discuss pretty much anything. You are my interest and I love to learn new things. I have many interest but at the moment I feel a bit searching for a new "interest". I'm up for ideas, suggestions. Also on tv shows or movies.
I do have diffculties with small talk which don't says much or leads anywhere more meaningful. I prefer a more emotional honest approach. Which can be diffcult if it's not mutual. Swedes do have this trait, to not really engage (in particular with strangers) until you gained their trust. Then they won't shut up :) - most of them.

I like games (more the relaxing kind), PC games (maybe not the shooting and high intensity types) or IRL (board games, cards etc). I love discussing politics, but from a human rights perspective. A sense of love and community is a big part of who I am. Reasons why I here at WP.

Feel free to PM me.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2023, 12:10 am

Hi guys
My name is Jamie, I am 26 and diagnosed HFA, and keen to meet new people.

My interests are varied and change constantly, right now I am into learning about Buddhism (even though I am not a practising Buddhist)

Although i love talking about everything and anything really, I especially love learning about people's interests.

I try to be eco conscious and am a practising minimalist to lessen my burden on the environment.

I'm shy, enjoy to have a laugh and am loyal to all my friends.

Looking forward to getting to know you a bit more

-Jamie