Page 71 of 75 [ 1195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

Absence of Words
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Mar 2019, 9:04 pm

Hi, I just found this forum today. I'm a 22-year-old woman who lives in the US. As a college student, I'm majoring in psychology and hopefully will be graduating soon. I'm not sure if I'm on the spectrum, but I've definitely struggled socially throughout my whole life, and even now I'm hesitant to post here, but I'm gonna give it a try. :-D

aVelleity
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2019, 4:43 am

Hello my name's Alexis and I just stumbled upon this site. I'm a 20 year old American college student who loves everything art related. I love to draw & paint and have been learning on my own for a little over a year now. And well I'm not very good lol, but I'll keep at it and see where it takes me. Beyond that some of my interests include a lot of nerdy stuff like gaming, RPGS, and all things lovecraft! Music wise I like a lotta indie/alt, electronic and chillhop with some favs being Modest Mouse, Foster the People and Grimes.

Ok well I'm not sure if anyone will even read this rambly mess haha. Tbh I'd just be happy to find someone to play minecraft with lol

Shamtroll22
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 May 2019, 5:59 am

liamdude5 wrote:
Age - 19

Gender - Male

Country of Origin - U.S.A.

I like film, music, and video games.

I'm also 19, M, and from the USA with an interest in Music and Video games :) as for film not so much.

Closer to the heart
Yes closer to the heart
Philosophers and plowmen
Each must know his part
To sow a new mentality
Closer to the heart

Cgordon73
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 May 2019, 9:58 am

Hello.
I'm 45 year old and awaiting impending diagnosis. I would enjoy communication with fellow AS individuals. I have a fairly 'normal' existence on the face of it. Married 10 years, 3 kids, good job that really feeds my aspie ness-noss. I love collecting vinyl and look forward to documenting my collection - keep putting it off. I was a stoner for many years from adolescence to early 30s. I always felt that gave me a certain clarity in how i saw the world. My likely AS has been more apparent since i gave up the weed in may 2007. I am a fan of Tom Waits music, Ricky Gervais comedy and i like football (soccer) though my team are shite. I am interested in politics too. Breaking Bad floated my boat and i liked the sopranos. I also love trains (don't spot). The smell of brakes is special. This is a wee introduction. I like lots of other things but i hate things too. Saturday night tv, cheery radio stations, car indicators that don't flash, loud noises in confined spaces, i need to go to work but i could talk about my stuff all day long. I'd probably be too close as i did so too (apparently). Anyway i have to go but am glad to have found this place.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 7:44 pm

Hi, I live in the Kansas City metro area. I'm 29. I work full time, go to school part time, and am uncool none of the time. :P

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Lely
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2019, 2:55 pm

I'm a 26 year old woman in Germany. I'm unemployed and worked in factories for the past years. I like to crochet and am interested in cartomancy.
Send me a private message :!: I'm not the best at conversation, so apologies in advance. But I would love to try chat with someone anyway.[/quote]

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 7:24 am

Hello! I'm 29 and from Manchester, UK. :)
I like art, crafts, reading, games, movies, history, cats and nature. Looking to talk/make friends, pm me if you'd like to! :D

Mjlkk26
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2019, 3:25 pm

Hello, my name is Michaela, I am 20 years old. I enjoy research, psychology, board games, amusement parks, and The Sims! Hoping to meet some people. Am diagnosed with ASD by a neuropsychologist

AQ Score- 36 in 2013
35 in 2019

CosmeticPlague
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Nov 2019, 9:59 am

Hi, I'm 29. I work full-time in a grocery store. I'm obsessed with music, it's my life. I'm into punk, post-punk, goth and new wave type stuff. And '80s stuff general. I play guitar and own several other stringed instruments.
I love trying new, interesting foods as well as cooking.
I'm really struggling a lot with my life right now, mostly due to social reasons which I have for most of my life but it's really hitting me hard right now. I used to be completely find with the solitude but I don't know, I'm just so lonely lately.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2019, 10:32 am

I'm a New Yorker, too.

I can see how somebody can be lonely despite there being many people around you.

I wouldn't advise this----but I confess to howling and meowing on the trains. That assuages my loneliness a little bit.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:50 am

Another New Yorker here.

My boyfriend and I do work-at-home computer programming, making a lot less money than we could if we worked in a corporate office (which we can't do for various reasons). Both of us have been diagnosed with ASD.

I had no friends as a child, but I managed to make a bunch of friends when I was in my twenties and early thirties, by being active in various oddball subcultures. I've also been intermittently involved in political movements such as LGBT rights (I'm bisexual).

Alas, over the past 20 years or so, my friendship network has dwindled down to almost nobody. Several of my closest friends have all died. Others have drifted apart. But at least I do have a committed, long-term relationship with my boyfriend.

My current passion is the autistic rights movement and doing what I can to help build a much bigger and better-organized autistic community than now exists -- a community with the potential to improve our lives in many ways -- including, hopefully, sparking the creation of autistic-friendly workplaces and making it a lot easier, in various ways, for as many of us as possible to find compatible friends.

I'd love to meet people who share that passion or at least support the idea to some extent.

For more about me, see My life as one of the many belatedly-diagnosed autistic older people, October 2019 (first post on my new blog Autistic NYC). See also:

- My WP "Getting to know each other" thread: Hello from NYC, begun October 2018.
- My WP Regional Meetup & Networking Thread Index post, August 2019.

ScottDelgado88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2019, 9:16 am

my name is Scott, i'm 31 from London Uk & Unemployed but have a group of friends that i chat to on a daily basis and that alone makes me proud of who i am and for the friends i have in my life

notcreativename11
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2019, 11:58 pm

Hello there. I am a twenty-two-year old female from the USA. I am currently self-diagnosed but looking to seriously pursue a diagnosis/supports. I have a few friends now but I feel as if I need to mask/keep important details about my life hidden from most of them except for a few. I really value openness and support in friendships. I enjoy academic-related things, nature, fitness, and listening to music. Nice to meet you all :heart:

emily38
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2019, 6:16 pm

Hi, I'm 38, I'm from the Netherlands and I live alone. I like plants, music, looking at nature, animals, reading sometimes and watching tv shows. I am home pretty much all the time.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 1:59 pm

Hi, I'm Aria and I am 26 and I live in the Northeast US. I'm female and I really love TV shows, music, crafting, computers, and baking. I love memorizing little facts about everything. I collect merchandise related to my special interest, art supplies, books, and plushies.

My Tumblr

hariboci
Raven
Raven

03 Mar 2020, 5:12 am

Hi, I'm 44 from Hungary (no hungry jokes please :P ) and looking for friends from anywhere.
My special interests are Japanese culture (art, traditions, history but also anime and jpop,visual kei), drawing, cooking/baking, mostly Asian movies, conversations about psychology, people.