Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 1:09 am

HOPE
There is no possibility that any perceptible change will happen within our lifetime. We are the dead. Our true life is in the future. We shall take part in it as handfuls of dust and splinters of bone. But how far away that future may be , there is no knowing. it might be a thousands years. At present nothing is possible except to extend the area of sanity little by little. We can only spread our knowledge outwards from individual to individual, generation after generation. in the face of the Thought police, there is no other way.

"1984" George Orwell

GENERAL PUBLIC
In a way, the world-view of the Party(New World Order) imposed itself most successfully on people incapable of understanding it. They could be made to accept the most flagrant violations of reality, because they never fully grasped the enormity of what was demanded of them, and were not sufficiently interested in public events to notice what was happening. By lack of understanding they remained sane. They simply swallowed everything, and what they swallowed did them them no harm, because it left no residue behind, just as a grain of corn will pass undigested through the body of a bird.

"1984" George Orwell

In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-----what then?

-"1984" George Orwell

DOUBLETHINK
To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which canceled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the party was the guardian of democracy, to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself-----that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink" involved the use of doublethink.

-1984 George Orwell

George Orwell did a fantastic job with his book "1984" the title being chosen by the publisher. He wanted to call it "The Last Man" and in the actual book when Winston the character is being tortured by O'Brien, O'Brien asks him way he keeps saying that the people will win and Winston says "because we have to" and "O'Brien says, "well why do you personally think that?" He says "why do you think you have rights?" He says, "because I'm a man," and O'Brien says "well if you're a man Winston you're the last man," meaning the last one of his type. A thinker. One who saw through the indoctrination. He was well aware that the intent was to eradicate the thinkers. That isn't new.So "1984" is well worth trying to get a hold of. The British version with John Hurt. Well worth looking at and Richard Burton. Richard Burton plays O'Brien. They managed to cram quite a lot of the book in the movie and you get the feeling from the movie of what Orwell was trying to get across and Orwell knew because he'd been trained to work for this establishment and he was an ardent supporter of it until he found out that all of the sides even the ones that he'd been fighting against were all controlled by the same capstone. The British version was put out in 1984 to commemorate the book.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 3:25 pm

1984 was a great book, and the inspiration for my avatar. Orwell had some other great writings, notably Animal Farm.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 3:28 pm

F 451 was awesome too.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Feb 2008, 3:31 pm

Sedaka wrote:
F 451 was awesome too.
that was written by Ray Bradbury in 1953.

I love Animal Farm. Benjamin the Donkey, who is sceptical about everything.

8)

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 4:28 pm

ouinon wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
F 451 was awesome too.
that was written by Ray Bradbury in 1953.

I love Animal Farm. Benjamin the Donkey, who is sceptical about everything.

8)

i know.... but i still lump em together :o

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

ed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 7:08 pm

I once did a term paper on the novels of George Orwell. I managed to find all but one. Then I read them all, in order, over a long weekend. That was a weekend that changed my life; I never was able to look at things the same way again. The progression of his thought process over those years was somewhat terrifying.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 7:28 pm

It's called predictive programming, I did a thread on it up here. orwell's works were full of predictive programming. Especially 1984.

ClosetAspy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2008, 7:47 pm

Benjamin the Donkey's my favorite, too. I think Animal Farm is so much better than 1984. It's much more subversive. As Benjamin says, it doesn't matter who is running the farm, for us Donkeys, "Life goes on, regardless--badly". Especially now that it's an election year, everybody is making a big fuss over who is going to be the next President of the US. But in the end, does it really matter? And before people start flaming me, yes, I am a registered voter, and yes, I DO vote--I am also an election inspector. If you really want a political education, being an inspector can be a real eye-opener. (Your chads had better not be hanging when you come to my station :D )

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 8:06 pm

I will not vote any more... You can't name one time in history where voting has changed anything. In fact more than anything all it does is feeds more power to this corrupt establishment. It's all a lie, a con. We did not vote Bush in office either. As long as we've had money and religion, we were never truely free. As a matter of fact, the Darwins knew this well, and considered all civilization a form of slavery. And to them, that was the natural order of things.
NWO is real, and it's the big boyz' system we're playing in. Your freedom has always been an illusion. Most people think their opinions are theirs, but truth be told most people are merely a composite of their indoctrinations, through media, television, entertainment, culture, religion, social cliques, politics, whatever. Freedom is to break through all this and to own your own mind, your own opinions, not opinions that were given, opinions that were found, by breaking out of it. We are attacked and bombarded by propaganda from all corners.
As you seen from 1984, Winston Smith, the path of the free man is lonely and desolate, many people will turn on you, many people will despise you for telling the truth. I know this first hand..... It's like you wanna help people, you want people to wake up before it's too late. But so many are too far gone to ever reach.... And I can't be too pushy, or I'd be no better than the big boys..... But it's hard. It's like being a cattle at a slaughter house, and consciously knowing your fate.... You can't help but scream for the other cattle to wake up... But all they do is look at you like your crazy. I've got to keep trying to reach people, those who will listen....
I dunno... I guess I've always been immune to propaganda. This has been one of my aspie gifts I believe. But I'm beyond making it a black and white AS/NT issue, there are enlightened people both NT and AS, and sheep both AS and NT.... Half the people I talk with online about these things are NTs. And I'd actually prefer them to an aspie who has not freed their mind. I've never followed anyone to fit in. I've been investigating this world now and seeking out the truth for over 13 yrs (before 9/11, back during Clinton's days in office).... Really it all begins with freeing your mind and letting go of ego.... The hard part is keeping the ego from resurfacing in frustration of trying to enlighten people who are indoctrinated to be willfully ignorant of anything that doesn't fit into their little paradigm. One piece of advice I can give you though, to help understand this system ran by psychopaths.... They call it double speak. "freedom is slavery", "ignorance is strenth"... The ability of the "elites" to have two opposing viewpoints and back both of them up simultaneously. This is characteristic of psychopathy, and you can see it written into our system, where the unscrupulous get ahead and the honest man dwindels into isolation and despaire. At best, the honest man, if he's lucky, will get *somewhere*, but the honest man is limited in how far he can rise on this ladder. Because honest people getting too far would be a threat to the sharks at the top.

Last edited by snake321 on 26 Feb 2008, 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 8:08 pm

I've even found out more recently that even the "truth movement" was planted... No grass roots movements ever come from the bottom, if they do the elites either spearhead it and overtake it with infiltrators, or they squash it, kill the people involved, and destroy all evidence of it.. Yet, there are even things in my lifetime I have witnessed that I can not even begin to explain. Things far beyond normal comprehension. Oddly, it has given me hope. Hope which I can understand, because i understand things now that many can't grasp.... I have difficulty getting my thoughts out from time to time, and communicating these things effectively. But rest assured I do know.
I've seen the NWO hit in a dream, the night before Bush stole office.... I also seen 9/11 in a dream..... This is very serious stuff, I have lost sleep and shed tears over the things I have experienced. All I can do is hang onto hope, try to spread enlightenment to those who will listen. But I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt, it's coming.
The Native Americans, they fought this masonic system... They fought it as far as they could. They'd say "white man speak with forked toungue", and this was that masonic double speak. The natives were more or less destroyed for their rebellion..... My heart goes out to those brave souls. But now they've even infiltrated Native American culture...

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 8:28 pm

A good book to read also is Plato's "the Cave"..... Yes, this really does go back that far (actually a little further than that to be honest, all the way back to ancient Egypt). It's so massive and so complex it's very hard to explain in words.

predictive programming:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt58292.html
religion:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt58291.html
money:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2583451279
the open conspiracy
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

ps- I expect that some will just call me looney, ignore parts they do not like, some may even call me names. I'm used to this though. I will not push anyone to see the truth here, I can only show people the door, and it's up to them to walk through it. Just know I've been at this for a very very long time. And there is nothing or nobody I will not question.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2008, 11:40 pm

I also enjoyed Orwell's writings on Burma.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 3:27 pm

snake321 wrote:
I will not vote any more...

You think you've got it bad over there? You should try a stay at Airstrip One. I have to ration my exposure to the "news" because I find it unbearable to watch what the scum who run this place are doing.

Here's the latest:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/29/ntap129.xml

We're filmed on CCTV everywhere we go, have our phones tapped, and are soon to all be forced to buy ID cards. The Gestapo have even been on the TV calling for everyone to be on a DNA database.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 6:20 pm

ascan wrote:
snake321 wrote:
I will not vote any more...

You think you've got it bad over there? You should try a stay at Airstrip One. I have to ration my exposure to the "news" because I find it unbearable to watch what the scum who run this place are doing.

Here's the latest:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/29/ntap129.xml

We're filmed on CCTV everywhere we go, have our phones tapped, and are soon to all be forced to buy ID cards. The Gestapo have even been on the TV calling for everyone to be on a DNA database.

At least they're being open and honest about establishing a police state. In America we have a police state and if you acknowledge that fact you are ridiculed as a paranoid lunatic.