This made me laugh but really got me thinking

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 5:30 pm

Me and Poppa have not long gotten home from shopping. When we came to the biscuit aisle he really made me laugh out loud.

The biscuits had all been changed around and Ernest Adams had changed their packets and he was not impressed!! He had a little grizzle and I said half sarcastically "is that a problem?" and he said Yes.
All I could think was, That is SO Aspie like. So I told him, he got a bit defensive and said it was old age so threw in another thing about things being in different places and then he went quiet.

Then it got me thinking, his lack of empathy at times, his insistance at certain things like watching the news or grizling if he can't watch his favourite thing or if I do something different to him. Then on way home he asked if I wanted to go to the Sallies shop and I said " yeah right what with" lol. He thought I meant yes I did but I had to tell him I was being sarcastic. He always seems to be tapping his foot when he is sitting down and rocking his chair, he tunes out as well. Not sure about eye contact tho but will suss that out lol.

Now I am thinking am I the only NT in this house :lol:
What do you gals/guys think.
Could it be that Poppa has more than just a couple Apsie traits?????

TLPG
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 6:49 am

I can only think of one word to describe that one....

SPRUNG! :D

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 4:10 pm

TLPG wrote:
I can only think of one word to describe that one....

SPRUNG! :D

:lol: So does that mean I am the only NT in my house????
No say it isn't so :lol:

I asked the girls in an msn support group for parents of auties and aspies and they said it sure looks like a few aspie traits there.

gurbani_girl
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2008, 8:05 pm

Lots of men and some women, myself (NT) included, do not always welcome when the supermarket changes things around solely to make us look at more products before finding the one's we are looking for.

Last edited by gurbani_girl on 28 Feb 2008, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 8:27 pm

"Ernest Adams packets" + brand of biscuits here
"Grizzle" um complain
"Sallies shop" = thrift shop
"Suss= figure out
Could have been cutural difference but that is ok :)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 9:36 pm

Same thing happens to me, but I usually get it after I say it and see that people are looking at me odd (since I can understand obvious facial expressions, just not the hidden two second ones).
So is your kid diagnosed with Aspergers or are you thinking he does? Because it seems like he does, as that's what I did when I was his age (And I definitely have Aspergers)

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 10:00 pm

there's nothing left to chance at the grocers. Every item on every isle is placed with a reason, as hundreds of studies are done to get people to buy more. Haven't you wondered why dairy and bread are so far apart? they switch things because they want you to search for things, so that you'll buy things you didn't see before. Also, companies pay for a certain amount, height, etc., of shelf space, and if they lose the contract, another company will elbow in...

Dang did I have too many marketing classes in school...;)

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 10:17 pm

ebec11 wrote:
Same thing happens to me, but I usually get it after I say it and see that people are looking at me odd (since I can understand obvious facial expressions, just not the hidden two second ones).
So is your kid diagnosed with Aspergers or are you thinking he does? Because it seems like he does, as that's what I did when I was his age (And I definitely have Aspergers)

I am talking about my Dad who is in his early 60's :lol:
It just struck me as quite odd so I thought I would ask the experts, you guys.
My son is DEFINATE asd leanings towards HFA :) All hell breaks loose if I change something without warning him :lol: Damo is way more routine focused that Poppa :!: