Another Right vs. Left Brain Dominance Test (not the dancer)

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 9:19 am

I believe I too have issues with mixed laterality....all signs point to my being a right brainer....I am left-handed....According to any test for eye dominance, my left eye is dominant....but my left eye is also my very BAD eye....severe astigmatism....with a little focus, I can get the lady to not make a complete rotation...for several seconds.....flipping back and forth.....

I breathe better out of my right nostril....i guess.....which would make me left brained...???

A theory I kinda have is that although I am right brained...my right brain is also kinda.....damaged....

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 9:55 am

I agree with Amanda that most of these left brain/right brain things are crap, they are based on a misunderstanding and exaggeration of brain lateralization and tend to have a pro-right brain bias (that is, they tend to label right-brained people creative geniuses and label left-brained people boring, closed-minded "squares.") I've been labeled as very right-brained and very left-brained depending on the test.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 10:23 am

Let's dance the blues(and the green, reds, limes, purples, blacks & yellows) topic

Icarus' explanation is brilliant (in living colour!). :D

But what if you are colourblind (complete or partial)?

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2008, 2:00 pm

I am ambidextrious as well.... i can go through that test and read either the color or the word with little difficulty at all. The only problem I came to was when i got to the red-orange colored word "orange." It made me stop and think that maybe the color I had been calling red, wasn't red, but was orange. That was my only blip.

I hate it when doctors ask me whether I am left or right handed. I tell them I am ambi. They ask well, what hand do you write with? Then tell me that I am right handed. I shoot left eye. I eat with both hands. I wear my watch on my right hand(righties wear on left). The only thing I do consistantly with the right hand is write, and that I can ascribe to public school systems. Because they teach predominantly right-hand. I can write with my left hand. Only it looks like a 4th grader wrote it, because I never developed style.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 2:09 pm

I am very ambidextrious, but I write left handed....I can also write right handed...I just favor the left....I hand sew alot more with my right. I throw darts with both hands...bowl either way....bat either way...eat with either hand.....Were I to wear a watch though, it would go on left hand...i just can't stand the feel of them...

I generally concider myself to be a lefty...I have troubles with sissors...a few things here and there.....

this goes with being just mildly dyslexic....I still have trouble sometimes differentiating between left and right....

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2008, 9:10 pm

I thought it was easy, but that could have been because I am able to completely ignore the fact that the word is, infact, a word. I just look strictly at the colour.

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2008, 2:40 pm

I find it easier to block the color and read the word, however, after the first two or three words, it's not difficult to do the reverse. Supposedly that makes me right brained, but my left brain made a detailed point-by-point arguement on why this a big crock of crap.

Quote:
I am ambidextrious as well.... i can go through that test and read either the color or the word with little difficulty at all. ... I hate it when doctors ask me whether I am left or right handed. I tell them I am ambi.
So far as I know, "left-" and "right-brained" is independant from right- and left-handed. And I recall reading a study that suggested there was no such thing as left-handedness (psychologically speaking). It suggested there are right-handed people, and ambidextrous people. Ambidextrous people could be conditioned to be functionally right- or left-handed, or obviously both.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 7:52 pm

35 seconds, a bit slow :?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 8:03 pm

I'm more dominant on the right side of the brain.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 9:47 pm

I was able to read it in seconds.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 10:11 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I found the test really easy...the only thing that threw me off was the dark green color...

Same here - right brainer for sure. What was that weird blue color anyway? I stumbled on it because I couldn't tell what it was and had to get a closer look. Then I called it 'teal,' LOL. To me, the dancer is definitely spinning clockwise, but if I focus, she can appear to spin the other way, too.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Mar 2008, 10:21 pm

I took little over 30 seconds to say the colour...and under 10 to say that word. I guess that means i'm left brained dominant.

bluebandit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2008, 11:19 pm

For the color test I could do it halfway easily, then not at all.

For the dancer, for the longest time I couldn't get it to move. When I did it was only for a second before stopping again. I wonder what that means, if anything? Seems like a bad program.