Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

OptimusSupes114
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2008, 11:55 am

Is there anyone who is dating/married whose other half told you that they love you for who you are, even if you are an aspie/autie?

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 12:20 pm

It was in the past, but they didn't need to point it out, and not just because I didn't know it at the time either - you don't love someone in spite of their quirks, you love them AND their quirks. They drive you crazy, but they're the things you miss when they're gone.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 12:58 pm

yes, I have been loved many times, and as I had no money or status, it had to be for who I am. I have been married three times, my first husband died in VietNam, my second husband died in the Loma Prieta quake (we were seperated at the time) and my third and I parted because of many other reasons. But all of them knew me as me, only. I had no diagnosis through all those relationships and many many more, so what they got was pure me with nothing to 'consider' or 'try to adjust to.'

The common denominator of all of the relationships is that they did not continue, and for that I have finally realized it was all me. I am the one that could not sustain the relationship and I do think that I was not able to love as much as I thought I was. . or did. Sure I had the EMOTION of love just tear me up, but as for that secret of how long relationships were formed, that ship has sailed and I missed it.

your mileage may vary,

Merle

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 2:17 pm

not really, it only gives her something new to complain about...;)

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 3:29 pm

My wife loves me for who I am - and I love her for who she is.

Labels don't come into it.