Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

hakemon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Feb 2008, 2:51 am

Ok, I got this issue, and it's bothering me, it's the urge to worry.

For example, I got a new IBM computer, quad core, etc, and well, when I was checking it out, I felt it's chipset get quite hot (hot to the touch).. IBM said it's normal, but, my mind can't stop saying "what if?"

I want to stop worrying so much, but don't know how to.

This happens for many other things, not just computers.

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Feb 2008, 5:26 am

wait a minute, so the chipset ISN'T supposed to get hot 8O? Uh-oh...

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 5:36 am

Do you have problems with anxiety or OCD?
Hope someone here can help more :)

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 6:14 am

i get that feeling too, try doing some research to calm yourself.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 9:44 am

I worry myself senseless about everything all of the time, most often about things I have no control over.

Have you ever tried meditation exercises? At first you have to do them for quite long, but after a while you can do them for seconds at a time, and they will still be very helpful.

Just try not to panic really

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Feb 2008, 11:38 am

I have serious issues with anxiety, OCD-type behavior (more like perfectionist tendencies) and the like. I am always asking "what if." It's taken a solid year of constant prayer and meditation to see serious results. I really am getting better, but it's definitely still there. I've just learned that my thoughts aren't real and that I have to ride out my "bad trips." Unfortunately, my anxiety drove me to a couple of years of fairly heavy substance abuse. I started going to AA a little over two weeks ago, and I currently have 12 days of sobriety. Learning to deal with my anxiety without the crutches of marijuana, alcohol, and other drugs is proving to be a big challenge, but it's one I'm ready for and one I know I have to face. Eastern philosophy, meditation, and prayer are the only things that have ever helped me to feel better and to be thankful for my life and the present moment. Just remember that the past and future are illusions. The past no longer exists and the future never gets here. All we have is now, so just do your best in the present moment and don't worry about anything else. You can deal with future problems when they arrive, and 99/100 times, they never arrive anyway.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Feb 2008, 11:42 am

i worry. but it is because i am so beatiful and probably wouldnt have it any other way

or i was raised by idiots, i cant tell :x

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 11:43 am

Worrying is the only thing I'm really good at. ;)

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 Feb 2008, 1:42 pm

hakemon wrote:

When you feel yourself starting to worry, try to divert your attention to something else. If you are [unreasonably] worrying about your computer...get up and walk away from it and do something else until you are calm.

I worry a LOT about things that don't even concern me...such as how big the universe is, and when time will end. 8O The fact is, that too much worrying isn't healthy...and the faster you get it under control, the better for yourself.
Good Luck!

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 2:19 pm

hakemon wrote:
Ok, I got this issue, and it's bothering me, it's the urge to worry.

For example, I got a new IBM computer, quad core, etc, and well, when I was checking it out, I felt it's chipset get quite hot (hot to the touch).. IBM said it's normal, but, my mind can't stop saying "what if?"

I'm having the same issues... about my car. I say it's running to hot and I smell anti-freeze, other people I've talked to say that the temperature it's running at is normal and the anti-freeze smell could be coming from anywhere. I say it needs a new water pump, but I can't help but worry that something else is terribly wrong with it. Blown head gasket! 8O I will continue to worry about it until the problem is solved. Then I'll find something else about my car to worry about.

Yep, I worry about the smallest, most insignificant things. Worry...worry...worry

venuseagle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Feb 2008, 6:08 pm

I'm a big worrier. I analyse and worry about everything. I have anxiety and OCD.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 6:39 pm

If I could make money by worrying, I'd be rich!