Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 5:09 pm

Obssessed with the smell of zest or dove, i have to spread it all over my hand before i go to bed, i literally wash my hands just for that smell hahaha

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 7:54 pm

venuseagle wrote:
Is it unusual to enjoy the smell of odd things? I really like the smell of petrol, tar, creosote (I loved it as a kid when my Dad was creosoting the fence). Thought it was just me who liked smells that aren't designed to be aromatic, but some of my children also enjoy the smell of petrol and often comment on it in the car at the petrol station. I also like the smell of coffee. What smells do you like?

I LOVE the smell of gasoline, coaltar, creosote and other petroleum products. These things aren't good to breathe in, but the occasional smell of it is irresistable. (No, I don't get high on it, in case anyone wondered). I also like menthol, like that found in muscle heat ointment. I wonder if it's an aspie thing...

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 8:25 pm

I like the smell of mud as well.

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 8:26 pm

For once I can easily decide something! My favorite scent is dried maple leaves in the autumn woods. :D

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2008, 8:43 pm

I like the new car smell, the smell of things that just came out of the drier (and the smell of the drier sheets themselves), the way a book (especially soft cover) smells the first few times it is opened, and a few other things.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 10:41 pm

The smell of Summer Breeze scented Lysol. I honestly thought I'd be tired of the smell by now (we've had to use a lot of it because of the sickness in our house) but it actually makes me feel comforted.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:23 am

The smell of dried persimmons on the forest floor strewn with fallen leaves after it rains.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:25 am

Aridarr wrote:

I once found a specimen of a species of hawk-moth that smelled like cucumber.

Copperhead snakes also smell like cucumbers. But I wouldn't suggest sniffing one.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 12:34 am

Quote:
Copperhead snakes also smell like cucumbers. But I wouldn't suggest sniffing one.

This I didn't know, and now I want to try it!

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 1:58 am

The smell of rain on hot pavement...i cant fill my lungs fast enough. I like the way my worn clothes smell... kinda sweet and strawy. I love the way my cat smells..... kind of like cotton candy i swear. clean hair is nice too, with the combination of shampoo and scalp. dirty babies kind of smell like baked potatoes to me. cant say i really like that though. It sounds strange, but i like the smell of my husband's underarms, but i think it is probably a pheromone thing. I also like the sweet smell of fresh sweat. And like someone said earlier, the smell of the dentist..... that kind of sterile, rubber and omnigel odor. irresistable.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 10:08 am

I like the smell of my worn clothes, but only if I have been wearing patchouli.
i have had an issue for the past several months where I do not have regular access to a shower...
At first it was because we changed landlords and the new landlord was in charge of our gas bill and stopped paying it..so no hot water....that was back in September at our old place.
Now our new place does not have a shower yet....SO...I get to shower once every few days, or else take bird baths in the sink.....

So yeah...my point was......i like patchouli....i have worn it regularly for more than half my life.
It turns bad hippie smells into good hippie smells...at least to me.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 10:56 am

I love the subtle but distinct smell of box hedges. And I like to smell the backs of my hands.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 11:59 am

Murphy's wood soap...

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 9:01 pm

There's a vanilla oil perfume that absolutely drives me wild.

I bought some for my wife because I loved the smell so much but it turns her skin yellow so she won't wear it. :(

Every now and then someone will sit near me on the bus wearing it...

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 9:51 pm

scumsuckingdouchebag wrote:
Quote:

This I didn't know, and now I want to try it!

Played with one when I was a kid...didn't know what it was, it was a baby...ran across another in my teens...almost stepped on it. I never remember smelling cucumbers...but they say that is true.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 9:53 pm

Cabernet Sauvignon. Last bottle I downed I kept the bottle around for days to inhale the aroma still lingering in it.

Wild roses (strictly speaking, I don't think they're wild but are instead an invasive pest from Asia, like many of my favorite plants around my house). In June in my hometown, they grow like weeds and fill up entire fields by the side of the road, and when you drive by their smell is overpowering.

Fresh bread (although I believe the smell I tend to enjoy comes from the kind of yeast we use when making it; I haven't baked a loaf of bread in ages... a hobby I think I would enjoy continuing)