Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Feb 2008, 7:42 pm

through the ages will you believe it?

i wont. because primitive peoples only used things that were around them to describe things they had no knowelege of.

for instance ufos, they would have said "firey chariots" and such

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Feb 2008, 7:57 pm

by ufo's i mean unidentified flying objects, not necessairly silver donuts.

and by the looks of it primitive peoples saw something flying in the skys, cave paintings in france prove this

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Feb 2008, 8:10 pm

this is what was found painted on a cave in france (as presented by the history channel), you would only paint things if you were primiative man that were important things in your daily life, not fantasys

looks like a ufo to me. this means aliens genetically engeneerd man and so on. man made religion, and called the aliens "gods"

so stf your religion. and some dude appearing outta nowhere making everything

nory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2008, 10:05 pm

After reading Joseph Cambell I started thinking that every time something from one time or culture reminds me of another its not so much that its actually derived from that or part of that - but that its part of the gammet of recurring archetypes and motifs that humans come up again and again, regardless of connection.

Like, maybe its not so much that these things like the UFO and battery were drawn by cave men but that the UFO and battery etc... have universal shapes. Ideas like the man ascending in a beam of light or a circle for instance, is archetypal in many ways and in variations is found in folktales, creation myths etc... all over the world. When you look at the symbolism, of flying discs, its big circles then smaller circles within circles... which is also like the mandala or wheel or maze etc... - a circle around the head of a human as well, it looks like an astronaut but then look at all the cultures that put circles of all kinds and varieties of halos over the heads of humans in art. Its also a way of representing light...

also, we imagine aliens at the other end of the beam of light these days, some of us. Illustrations from the middle ages depicted a heirarchy of angels. Our consciousness is giving form to something, theres not much difference but that doesnt make the alien 'real' and the angel, 'not real'

.... then again, sometimes a UFO is simply a UFO.

Cheers

I liked the youtube link.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Mar 2008, 10:15 pm

i just deleted my whole photobucket exept for 1 picture. the picture i posted was if a ufo painted on a cave wall in france

and thank you, vivaldi rules, buy his masterpieces dude. you will only thank yourself

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 11:35 pm

richardbenson wrote:
vivaldi rules, buy his masterpieces dude. you will only thank yourself

The Bells of Ste. Genevieve is my favourite by him..

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

08 Mar 2008, 1:32 am

the guy was a total sucsess and is deserved a small yet un democratic country

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2008, 4:01 am

Information passed down is going to be like an epic game of Chinese Whispers.