Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

gtabbert
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

You might know that in the future, I see myself in control of a sort-of cartoon (it has a long-range storyline, like "Avatar" and "Skyland") Recently, though, I had an argument with my dad about it.

He says that I need to broaden my sights and go for wherever life takes you...I find that hard to believe. The last thing that I want to be is a mediocrity, a fat person sitting in a cubicle picking my nose all the time. I wish to be famous...but not too famous... I want to be on the same like as Seth MacFarlene (Family Guy), Butch Hartman (lots of stuff...including Fairly Oddparents) and I know that it will pretty much be an extremely hard thing to achieve, but I have just the right amount of drive to do it.

You might have heard this from others, but I am practically a nothing in High school. Naturally, It is hard for me to get along with people, even though sometimes I think I get the hang of it. Even if I set my sights in high, I have people bringing me down because they think I don't know what I am doing. My grades have started to suck because of it. But the reason why I have such a high expectation even after so many failures, is that once I get to college, which is soon, I'll have brand new people to work with and they just might like where I am going with my idea.

I'm not used to typing out such long topics...

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 9:50 pm

Dreams and goals can happened.

Good Luck with your goal, gtabbert. 8)

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 10:13 pm

Believe in youself and try to foget all those people who try to put you or your ideas down.
If you want to do your cartoon then only you is really stopping that. Don't listen to people who try to stop you, maybe they are scared that you will succeed and prove them all wrong?
All the best!

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 10:47 pm

I wish you luck.

sodarktheshadows
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Feb 2008, 11:18 pm

if someone tries to tell you that you can't do it, you just say to them "WATCH ME!!"
don't ever let anyone keep you from your dreams.

Mr_e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2008, 2:00 am

You sound like the kind of person who should actually be going to college. This is a very good thing. I'm willing to bet you'll love the change of lifestyle when you get there, free to do things your own way. Not to "do whatever" but to "do" in the manner that best suits you. I hope that when you do get to college, your goals start to realize.

Besides, there will always be those to tell you it cannot be done. Ignore them. No progress has ever been made by conforming to what is already achieved. There will be those to tell you that you are wasting your life. Ignore them. The true waste of life is a life in which you have constantly lived in a mold, waiting laboriously for the weekends and holidays to come.

"You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day. "

I love that quote.