Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sodarktheshadows
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Feb 2008, 11:35 pm

it was suggested to me by my therapist that i should look into trying art therapy. she thinks that it would help me with being able to communicate my feelings better and because art is something that i used to be very passionate about. like all other good things in my life, i repressed that passion, and now she thinks it would be good for me to try this.

anyone ever done this and what did you think of it?

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 11:44 pm

i did, a very long time ago, and it was a godsend. in explaining your picture to the therapist, you are forced [using that term loosely] to focus on what it was you were feeling when you did it. sometimes you can see things in the work that you put there that you didn't quite acknowledge before.... i'd give it a try, if i were you. it can't hurt.

criss
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 3:35 am

I think art therapy is a very powerful tool for self exploration.

It was through art therapy combined with prayer and meditation that I was lead to my discovery that I have AS.

"We are here on earth for a little space to learn to bear the beams of love." (William Blake)

Thank God for science, but feed me poetry please, as I am one that desires the meal & not the menu. (My own)

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Mar 2008, 10:16 pm

I've done art therapy before and honestly didn't find it to be of much help. It just didn't work for me...but i'm not saying it wont for you.

I just didn't have any interest in drawing.