Is the reason I'm still single

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 11:45 am

Yupa wrote:
because I'm poor (I only ever have enough on me for a few cups of coffee) and don't have any particular skills or talents?
I mean, I know I'm beautiful (well, clearly), but that doesn't seem to be enough.
Humans are like birds, they need to impress potential mates with something that could be said to be the equivalent of a bird's song. That is the intended purpose of art/music/various performance arts/poetry/etc., is it not?
It's a pity I'm not any good at any of those, and I'm no genius when it comes to more practical things either.
Other humans want a mate in whom they see traits that say "this person is fit to survive and will improve the species by reproducing." Even in relationships where no reproduction or even sex occurs that thought is still subconsciously there. It's part of our programming.
I just don't feel that I have any traits that would make a person think that about me, and therefore don't have any traits that would make me desirable, at the very least not to the sort of person I'd want to attract.

I had alway thought that the purpose of art was essentially the *encoding* of information, especially visual art. Its all about presenting ideas through symbolism. To me, music is all about the expression of emotions and evocation of moods(and atmorsphere's). But evidently there's more to art that just that.....it certainly CAN be used to communicate genetic quality to the opposite sex. But then again, why can mathematical talent be used the same way? They say a bird only sings when its trying to mate :?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 1:50 pm

Yupa wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
There are many reasons why I am single:
-Male shyness
-Poor social life
-poverty
-Atheism (most girls here are religious and can't accept an atheist)
-Shortness (5'3" , surely that doesn't help)
-no car

Also, shortness can be cute.

This is the main reason why most girls don't like short guys.

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Mar 2008, 7:57 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Yupa wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
There are many reasons why I am single:
-Male shyness
-Poor social life
-poverty
-Atheism (most girls here are religious and can't accept an atheist)
-Shortness (5'3" , surely that doesn't help)
-no car

Also, shortness can be cute.

This is the main reason why most girls don't like short guys.

It's true that being short can be be a disadvantage if you're a guy, but so can a lot of other things. The US congressman Dennis Kucinich is practically a dwarf (he even has elven ears) and he's married to a twentysomething knock-out! I think that Gary Coleman just married a hottie too; and he's poor and short! When it comes to love, money doesn't matter either. It's all about confidence really.