Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 1:40 am

Seeking outside opinion, I can't even mention this to half my friends, so I'll talk to people here.

So there's this girl who's been frinds with me for probably a few years now. We've never really hung out until a month or two ago. We've been hanging out a lot, and out of no where I realized I'm attracted to her. And, simply put, I have no idea why. She's pretty much the exact opposite of what I look for: quiet, shy, and emotionally sensitive. The simple solution is that she's soooooo attractive, that personality is being overlooked. I sort of agree with that, but personality tends to weigh in for me more than it does for most men. And I guess you could say we have more in common than I do with pretty much any girl I've ever met irl. That's probably the real reason. So, keeping on topic, how often does anyone here get attracted to someone and have no idea why?

Turtle000
Raven
Raven

04 Mar 2008, 6:44 am

I've never become attracted to someone and not know why. I have become attracted to people who didn't fit my type physically at all, but I knew it was because of their personality.

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2008, 8:38 pm

If you can say why you're attracted to somebody then you're overthinking it. Attraction is chemical, not logical. Don't think about, just go with it.

roguetech
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2008, 12:14 am

I've always been attracted to the same types. Every woman I've dated since highschool had Battered Spouse Syndrom and some type of mood disorder (well, that goes without saying, as it's part of Battered Spouse). They've all also been at least a little over weight. But a woman who is outgoing and fun turns me on. Unfortunatly, outgoing and fun women wouldn't suit my AS traits worth a crap, without a mood disorder, which of course causes problems in the communication / conflict resolution department :?. Guess I'm pretty much f'd.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 12:18 am

Could just be how she's relating to you? I can be scared off by ultra-extroverted women if they seem to like they'd bowl me over with it, on another note though once I see they're actually polite and socially reciprocal I've had at least a few times where there'd be a good mutual spark just because we were communicating on the level and I liked that a lot.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 12:44 am

I've had weird attraction to girls who are extremely extroverted...kind of arrogant too.

In a way I like the playfulness they kind of embody. And the fact that they actually talk to me. And I can take them down a peg too, since I don't put up with much arrogant in your face crap. I calmly and casually, poke fun at their extroversion... because often they don't think through what they are saying... they just say it. And I can see it's all just a show they put on...

In the end though, I realize that largely I find them annoying more than attractive. That they often do talk without thinking, and it would be difficult to have any sort of close relationship with them.

As extroverted and interesting as they are, it's largely a façade... and I really hate social facades. On buildings they are okay...

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.