How did you play with toys growing up?

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 11:35 am

A lady asked me this on another site, and i just realized how weird i was with toys haha.

I was obsessed with random weird toys, like had to have that toy everywhere i go, and idk it was weird haha. My toys consisted of a toy mouse, it was actually a cat toy haha, loved the fur on it, a stuffed rabbit i used to bite lol, a rubber bat, a rubber snake lol, this weird rubber alligator that was albino lol, and um i cant think of the rest but i know their prob just as weird lol :lol: . I did have dolls, but i mainly just lined them up, and other stuffed animals. I def had imagination though, because i always made all my stuffed animals, my matchbox cars that i had lined up, and dolls are lined up in family catergory. I had mom, dad, and children, in every toy i had haha, always lined up lol. I was obsessed with families, idk y haha. I also made a lot of things boys, like if i had a stuffed animal a good 75% of them were always boys, once again idk y lool. I also loveddd spinning my matchbox cars, and making them crash lol. Other then that, i really had a weird way of playing with toys. :P

How did you play with toys growing up?

feelgoodlost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2008, 11:46 am

I never played with any toys, ever. I would watch kids play and try to figure out how they did it but never found it fun myself. My best friend in 3rd grade would create these whole worlds and situations and sound effects and I would just sit there and watch her, fascinated. To me, when I put toys together and made them "do" stuff, it was just me holding them and making them move...I just didn't seem to have any imagination in that regard. I loved exploring though, and riding bikes, and stuff I knew what to do with (sports equipment was my favorite), but even to this day, I don't know how to play with toys that involve imagination.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 12:24 pm

I would organize them into farms, zoos ect.

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2008, 12:52 pm

I had baby dolls that I just held, was never really into Barbies, I had a Cindy doll with a nice playhouse at age 12. loved my monkey stuffed animals, I held things more than played with them... I liked lincoln logs,loved to swing and still do!

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 12:59 pm

I don't quite remember. I think I had mainly action figures which I would line up in "intimidating" poses. I'd always piss off my brother by opening the toys he was collecting. I wouldn't even play with them. I'd just open them, then lose interest. 8O

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2008, 1:30 pm

I liked Transformers when I was a kid, generally I'd just keep transforming them to a robot and back over and over. I liked getting new ones since I could try and figure out all the tricks without reading the instructions.

Mirror
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2008, 1:38 pm

I used to play with boy toys too! :D

I would have those big rubber dinosaures that I would always carry about the house and put them in a hulohoop on the floor. I had the rubber aligator named Crocko that I loved. I would feed it and take care of it and play with it all the time. Then my dog chewed it up and I hated him for it.

I used to be into pokemon. (still am to an extent!) I remember in a home movie of christmas day I got a whole bunch of little pokemon figureines and I lined them all up on the entertainment center. I remember my favoret one was pigioto! :D

Anyu
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Mar 2008, 2:09 pm

I had alot of action figures of various things, as well as transformers and such. Though I would never "play" with them, except the transforming the transformers. I would arrange them all on my shelves into motionless battle scenes, and change it every week. What I did play with was legos. I would randomly build and take apart things for hours on end. Sadly I don't have any legos anymore, I could probably still build things for hours, hehe

Joeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2008, 2:29 pm

I took toys apart, and fitted them back together wrong on purpose. :twisted:

I loved to play with anything to build stuff, and my brain nearly exploded when I got... A Gameboy Colour! It made the NES and the Atari look like... An NES and an Atari. :lol:

Aranittara
Raven
Raven

04 Mar 2008, 5:52 pm

I have long been obsessed with one object or another first it was a medical tricorder toy later it became some small lego / k'nex ships now it is a small triangular eraser they fuel my imagination and without imagination they'd all be rubish

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 6:12 pm

I remember getting in trouble with my army men. Me and my cousin, had set them up in my bedroom. We would cover them with model glue, then light them on fire. While they were burning, we would take cans of hair-spray and use it like a flame-thrower. It was pretty cool, until my mom smelled the smoke.

I got grounded for that stunt.

Those who know, don't speak.

04 Mar 2008, 6:24 pm

I played with them the normal way. I dressed up my Barbie dolls and had them do stuff like sit on the couch, then sit at the table and then they go upstairs and sit at the desk and then at the other desk. As I got older I got more Barbie stuff and more Barbie furniture so my imagination grew. I had Polly Pockets and played them the normal way and played with my brothers toys too, I played with their toy cars, Mighty Max, TMNT sets, action figures, I even played with Brio trains and played with legos and Lincoln Logs, Knex and Tinker Toys. I also built with blocks.
I also played with my Barbie dolls the unusual way. I gave them golden showers, rode over them with my bike, had them abuse each other and their kid. I even have them give each other golden showers.

I'm not sure how I played with my toys when I was a toddler. I seemed to only be playing with stuff that involved doing things with my hands, not involving imagination. I was playing with my Legos or Mega Blocks, Play Doh, and I can remember I had this Little People nursery school set and I spin the marry go around over and over and I even put little people on it and watch them spin off, I even roll the bus around too and watch the little people bounce up and down. I can remember lining up the little people.
As I got older my imagination grew and I was playing with the nursery school set the normal way.
I can remember watching the family video and it was Christmas 1987 and I had gotten a toy dishes set and my Dad opened the box and set the little tea party on one of my big presents I hadn't opened and he started to do pretend play while I was just sitting there looking away holding a toy plate in my hand and feeling it. I don't remember if I was copying what he was doing or if I was touching any other of the fake dishes.
I seemed to be interested in my toy piano I got that day and played with it for a while and I didn't want to be bothered, I even got mad when my mother started touching it.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 6:31 pm

I held them gently in my hands, turned them over, stared at them. I was a 'staring' autistic kid (as opposed to a spinning or an organizing autistic kid) when it came to 'playing' with toys. I could do this for hours.