What do men look for in a woman besides her looks?

Page 7 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 11:59 am

One thing I also love, this is absolutely magnetic for me - very multilayer sense of self, multi-layer emotionality - mixes of all kinds of counterpoints. A lot of times, with what I mentioned about a woman who has a sense of fashion that really sends an air about her, almost like she's something completely outside of race, routine, and the box of conformity (too slippy break down for that) - that drives me wild. Especially when all that goes along with very high intelligence, seriously there's no point and no hope in me fighting at that point - I'm yours.

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 3:47 pm

Looks are generally unimportant to me. Personally the main point for me is intelligence. I have a tendency to speak in a technical manner and there's no way I'd be able to be in a relationship with someone who couldn't understand half the things I say.

That, and I've been surrounded by friends who are just as, if not more intelligent then I am (including someone who will probably end up being Valedictorian) so I'm used to being around smart people.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 6:36 pm

I look for far more. I look for compassion, eccentricity, maturity, responsibility, passion, confidence, honesty, individuality, stability--you know, the good stuff. I also look for girls who AREN'T certain things, like smokers or religious or sadistic or apathetic....

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 6:43 pm

Quote:
I go to a university with about 19,000 - 55% women. Guess what? They ALL LOOK THE SAME (95%). Whatever time of year it is, there are literally 5 different outfits, with varying colors, but all the same. Jeans (2 different styles), with flip-flips, shirt underneath one color, shirt over with a different color. The shirt under is a little longer than the shirt over. Without the color variations, you have about 9000 robots marching around in circles.

BS.

Every human is unique except for someone who has a twin sibling.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 11:23 pm

Veresae wrote:
I look for far more. I look for compassion, eccentricity, maturity, responsibility, passion, confidence, honesty, individuality, stability--you know, the good stuff. I also look for girls who AREN'T certain things, like smokers or religious or sadistic or apathetic....

That's the first time I've heard the word eccentricity as being something. I wish there more ppl out there who weren't afraid to show their different eccentricities and oddball ideas without being put down so much in the real world.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 2:43 am

true that, missconstrue.

although i rather tend to see eccentricity as a not so good choice of word - to me, it always carries the connotation of doing different for the sake of it, not for oneself as a reason.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2008, 3:17 am

reading all these postings make me a little more hopeful that someone out there might be looking for me. some of the traits people are listing are often felt to be negatives: highly intelligent, empathetic, unique. yay, WP boys!

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 3:34 pm

Veresae wrote:
like smokers or religious or sadistic or apathetic....

It's practically impossible to find someone who isn't at least one of the above...

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2008, 3:52 pm

I always thought "eccentricity" was rather vague. Lots of behaviour can be interpreted as eccentric.

As a teenager I used to have a little "no smokers" rule but I've come to reject this. Not that I smoke, because I never did, but everyone makes mistakes and many of those can't shake the habit off that easily.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 11:34 pm

True, eccentric can imply more than one thing. Would idiosyncracies be the word?
I don't know, I just like the idea of fitting in without trying to fit in. I get sick of hearing what band is popular that I should know about and what words are befitting to thy age. If any aspies get what I mean. OK, back to topic.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 4:31 am

Cannibalism.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 8:47 am

MissConstrue wrote:
True, eccentric can imply more than one thing. Would idiosyncracies be the word?
I don't know, I just like the idea of fitting in without trying to fit in. I get sick of hearing what band is popular that I should know about and what words are befitting to thy age. If any aspies get what I mean. OK, back to topic.

I can relate. By the time I figure out what is popular I find that it stopped being popular at least 2 years ago so I just gave up. Have to follow what I like, and forget about trends.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2008, 11:41 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
Cannibalism.

Which is tough to meet. I think you're going to have to lower your standards there.

Three years!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 12:25 am

RainSong wrote:
Which is tough to meet. I think you're going to have to lower your standards there.

I have faith that she'll show (I'm a positive person). If not, I'm hunky-dory as I'll just gnaw on my arm or something (see: eating oneself to death).

I don't think there's anything more loving than eating your lover [to death].

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 12:45 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Aside from looks, what kinds of things do men look for in a woman?

Like-mindedness and understanding. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 6:52 am

Another thing to add: has sly edges (in well-directed ways at least).

Quite often goes hand in hand with self assurance and self-knowledge though.