Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

EvilWalks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2005, 6:17 am

I got a job at a grocery store by my house (Fry's), and I've seen the last 2 issues of USA World Weekly.

Last issue was about Einstein's brain, which has been kept in a jar since his death, has been going on a rampage.

The current issue says that survivors have been found inside the Titanic, and they were just rescued alive the other week. Yeah right.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 7:31 am

Weekly World new is some of the best humor writing ever!! they don't even take themselves seriously :D

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 8:21 am

In the UK, I hate the Daily Express and the Daily Mail. They spread more racial hatred than Goebals and Hitler combined!! !! They should be shut down on Libel charges against ethnic groups.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 8:55 am

EvilWalks wrote:
The current issue says that survivors have been found inside the Titanic, and they were just rescued alive the other week. Yeah right.

Let me guess... Titanic II: The Air Pocket...

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 10:18 am

RobertN wrote:
In the UK, I hate the Daily Express and the Daily Mail. They spread more racial hatred than Goebals and Hitler combined!! !! They should be shut down on Libel charges against ethnic groups.

If they were guilty of those charges they would have been shut down or at least prosecuted under the Race Relations Act.

It takes more than mere disagreement with editorial policy to put a Newspaper beyond the current framework of what is illegal and to brand them as 'Fascist' or 'Racist'.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2005, 11:07 am

Read in Weekly World News about how some guy farted and burned holes in his pants several years ago. That was one of the most memorable.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 12:10 pm

I love those magazines, not like I'd be willing to spend money on them though. A lot of people in my area waste thier money on the celebrity magazines. :?

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 1:31 pm

EvilWalks wrote:
I got a job at a grocery store by my house (Fry's), and I've seen the last 2 issues of USA World Weekly.

Last issue was about Einstein's brain, which has been kept in a jar since his death, has been going on a rampage.

I do believe it's supposed to be funny. And man let me tell ya, it's frikkin almost funny!! !!

jman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 2:00 pm

i hate celebrity magazines I could give a s**t that Angelina Joeline (sp?) has a thing for Brad Pitt.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2005, 2:02 pm

I agree about the newspapers in the UK....

The Daily Mail.... Right Wing racist, nationalist, homophobic. Usually a couple of days behind the other tabloids on its news. Quite funny sometimes. Would never pay money to read it.
The Daily Express.... Like the daily mail in most respects apart from the fact that it has been dumbed down for even dumber people.
The Mirror.... This passes the option to report news, instead gives information on celebrity gossip. Very small newspaper. Takes about 2 seconds to read.
The Sun.... Like the mirror but with more breasts and more sex. Has a strong following of morons.
The Daily Star.... OH GOD SAVE ME. This isn't a newspaper. It is sex sex sex on every page.

The only papers worth reading are the following:

The Times. Free in hotels (good ones). Was wonderful news when it became more than just a broadsheet. Its smaller counterpart however has caused some problems. It is trying to get readers from the Daily Mail and you often spot some right wing stuff cropping up. Still reports rather than sensationalises. I read this paper but am considering moving onto....
The Daily Telegraph. Excellent paper. News on everything that matters.
The Independant. A hybrid paper. Sometimes worth the read. Not quite as good as the former two.

I am sure there are loads more. Have I offended anyone yet? IF NOT WHY NOT!! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 5:51 pm

I myself never read any tabloids myself

ozymandias
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2005, 6:12 pm

If I have nothing else to read and I wish to indulge in mindless fluff, than I can find a tabloid decent amusement. I don't think I'd read the tabloids as can be found in the UK. Racist, ultra-political crap from either side bores me to tears. The Weekly World News is a freakin hoot. My 13 year old daughter nearly falls on the floor laughing when she see the headlines on the front cover, while we are waiting in the check-out line.

Peace