not gonna try club styled bar for dating.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

loudmouth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2008, 10:28 pm

This weekend my father and mother were going to a country bar for a friends birthday party I figured I’d come along for another amusing story about a drunk bikers considering my father is involved in A.B.A.T.E. of Michigan. so I’m informed it’s also a common place for singles to gather.

considering the music was so loud I couldn't think, the social hub of sort was a dance floor, and in the case of this place I’m not a fan of country music. It's unlikely I’ll be going to club style bars. Sure a few women caught my eye but as I joked with my father "It was merely art appreciation."

Last edited by loudmouth on 04 Mar 2008, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 10:40 pm

ok....;) Well, I'm no fan of country either..;) still, ya got out, ya mingled, and survived. Congrats...wish I could afford to do that...;)

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2008, 10:42 pm

You'll like the experience a lot more if you go to see a band you actually like.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 1:14 am

the secret of being in those bars is to be a little drunk.

Merle

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 1:39 am

Hearing protection also helps. I dislike being with strangers in settings where the music is so loud you can't talk. My dislike of things being too loud also has something to do with knowing that it will also damage the ears. I know people who can hear you talk OK, but the high frequency portions of their hearing are gone, so that they can't hear a smoke detector beep. Yes, my ears are sensitive and I want to keep them that way. Any suggestions on how to wear earplugs in loud settings without them being conspicuous? My aim is to be comfortable, preserve my hearing, and have a good time without standing out by appearing unusual. If the music is much louder than people can reasonably talk, you're not going to understand them, earplugs or not, because the attenuation will be more or less the same for both sound sources.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 1:55 am

Its a bit more fun when your meeting acquaintances of friends and going in a larger group, just in the sense that if there is anyone you meet who's cute the connection's already half there. Otherwise it seems like most people leave with who they came in with, everyone's a bit segregated, and while you can perhaps find someone there I'm not so sure I'd recommend it as you have no idea what your getting yourself into.

I'm not a big country fan either though, though a club with top 40 hip hop still works well enough. My friends and I have this club we go to downtown, in our major strip, where its higher end, has good dj's spinning something that a a bit of a hybrid between club and rave style (could be better but could be a lot worse), the crowd is pretty mellow if not a bit overstyled, but the best part of it is that we have 2 or 3 friends who work there - most of which used to ride sportbikes with my roommate as well as the bouncer. Another one of my roommate's friends also owns one of the most high-end four star restaurants in the area and the last name is pretty much synonymous with Italian restaurants all over the area - this particular restaurant is pretty much their flagship operation (though more traditional high-end than ethnic) and its right down the strip - he's got a nice parking garage so we can park there, go club-hopping, and not have to pay the $10 parking fees they love to charge downtown.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 12:33 pm

I refuse to go to bars and/or clubs... the atmosphere is too overwhelming, and since it takes me a month to develop any form of attraction, I wouldn't be able to end up with a woman anyway...

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 3:53 pm

I refuse to go to bars and clubs also, I just don't want to be involved with the kind of crap that goes on there (drinking, use of drugs, etc). That's probably one thing that will always cost me a social life but I'm not willing to put myself in THAT kind of atmosphere for any reason. If that's what it takes to meet women, and I know now it isn't, then I'd rather just live the rest of my life alone.