Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 1:51 am

At present I'm into "MPD Psycho", I've also come across Ghost in the Shell: Man / Machine Interface". I've heard of lots more but not read them or only seen video / TV based on them.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 2:27 am

I have read most of the following in manga form:

Ai Yori Aoshi

Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2

Evangelion

Chobits

Gunsmith Cats

Oh My Goddess

Death Note

In fact, Death Note is the only manga I have actually bought retail.

On sabbatical...

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2008, 5:03 am

I'm hunting around desperately for the last book of Gravitation so I can start a new series (probably going to be Tsubasa, because I want to see if Fai and Kurograne are as couplely there as well).

I think my favourite at the moment is -FAKE-. Takes a while to get used to the drawing style, but once you're there it's 100% worth it for the plot.

I haven't read that many though because they're so damn expensive. =___= I borrowed Furuba off my friend (what she had of it anyway), which was good. I only have FAKE, Gravitation and Eerie Queerie (which I want to get rid of because it's awful).

Phob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2008, 7:19 am

I mostly watch anime, but I have some manga. I have 13 volumes of Naruto, I had 1 volume of Bleach but I gave it to my sister for her birthday. I have read some of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya online, and plan to start buying Full Metal Alchemist. My sister has Vol.5 of One Piece, too.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 9:23 am

There's an easy way to avoid having to buy mangas. read them online for free, I use mangavolume.com, at this moment I'm on ch.381 one piece, ch.329 bleach, and ch.399 naruto,and I've finished the entire death note series. they have a lot more and they add new chapters every week or so. also you can upload your own mangas that aren't already on the list.

Last edited by darkstone100 on 09 Mar 2008, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 10:05 am

I love, love, love Trinity: Blood. Nuns killing vampires = pure awesome.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2008, 11:37 pm

I read a synopsis on MPD Psycho, comparing the nature of the plot to Death Note. The reviewer may have been suggesting that people who liked the plot of Death note may like the plot of MPD Psycho, though the graphics are VERY gory, and could be more than a turn off.

So judge for yourself. You can read it online at:
http://www.onemanga.com/MPD_Psycho/1/

Remember my warning about gore.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 11:29 am

Delirium wrote:
I love, love, love Trinity: Blood. Nuns killing vampires = pure awesome.

Ah! A fellow Trinity Blood fan! :D

I love TB, but my most favorite is Hellsing. The artwork is really detailed and beautiful, and the plot is pretty good.

Whivit
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2008, 11:50 am

I've read most of Death Note (a bit after L dies, then it gets incredibly boring and dull); around a quarter of Naruto (gets monotonous); and all that's been released of FMA. FMA is great, though. Seriously. Good manga.