yes 60%  60%  [ 21 ]
no 40%  40%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 35

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

07 Mar 2008, 4:27 pm

I knew somebody was going to do that.

Keep in mind lads that we have a "safe for work" standard to uphold in the Love and Dating forum. Any image meant to be sexually provocative doesn't belong posted in the open. It's now a link. Make my work easy, 'kay?

Last edited by gwenevyn on 07 Mar 2008, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UtukXul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2008, 4:33 pm

No.. Female cows just arent my thing sorry..

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 4:35 pm

Until they talk...

Drakeman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2008, 4:38 pm

gwenevyn wrote:

Keep in mind lads that we have a "safe for work" standard to uphold in the Love and Dating forum. Any image meant to be sexually provocative doesn't belong. Make my work easy, 'kay?

I dunno, I didn't think it was all that bad... then again, I've been exposed to a ridiculous amount of stuff (at my job no less :lol:) , so maybe my judgment is clouded.

I'll keep it in mind for next time.

As for more detail for the question, ultimately it depends. If it's for a little fun "fling", I'd say yes, but anything longterm? I'd say no for pretty much everyone else's reason.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

07 Mar 2008, 4:47 pm

Yeah. It's right on the edge. I debated leaving it but I didn't want to encourage the "slippery slope" effect. Based on past experience, I find that pics like that one tend to encourage subsequent posters to go increasingly out of bounds.

You don't like accents, Trigs? ^_~

alex
Developer
Developer

07 Mar 2008, 5:14 pm

gwenevyn wrote:

Keep in mind lads that we have a "safe for work" standard to uphold in the Love and Dating forum. Any image meant to be sexually provocative doesn't belong posted in the open. It's now a link. Make my work easy, 'kay?

I don't see anything wrong with having an image of jessica alba (who's fully clothed by the way) from a still in a movie...

image reinstated.

if anything, the post of the fat dude with the hat is something that would have been better as a link. But the jessica alba image was fine. i wouldn't have problems with you removing the guys in the cowboy hats however as you can see nipple in them.

Drakeman wrote:

I vote yes. 8)

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

07 Mar 2008, 5:36 pm

:oops: My bad, I guess. I'm sorry.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 5:40 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
:oops: My bad, I guess. I'm sorry.

Yeah seriously, you should've known that no guy could object to that picture ;)

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

07 Mar 2008, 6:14 pm

Obres wrote:
Yeah seriously, you should've known that no guy could object to that picture ;)

Hah! I think Kate Winslet makes a better cowgirl.

But it's cool. Alex PMed me to explain his outlook. It is a bit different from the impression I had.

I will soothe my wounded pride with a Brokeback photo essay expounding on the virtues of the cowboy hat. :wink:

Last edited by gwenevyn on 07 Mar 2008, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 6:23 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Well, not a fetish. But I think a cowboy hat gives almost any man a bit of a masculinity boost. I don't like country music at all. I think it's the association between cowboy hats and hard work.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Mar 2008, 6:29 pm

/dies :(

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

07 Mar 2008, 6:31 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
gwenevyn wrote:
Well, not a fetish. But I think a cowboy hat gives almost any man a bit of a masculinity boost. I don't like country music at all. I think it's the association between cowboy hats and hard work.

Cowgirls with stubble! Image

What could possibly go wrong?

(I'm hosting your photo now, btw. Flikr didn't wanna.)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 7:12 pm

The country 'look' really isn't much of a turn-on for me. Seeing a girl in high tight boots, a little vest without much left to the imagination, that's going to hit a guy on impact no matter what style it is but a split second later my mind corrects itself with "yeah, but she's into country". Not to say that I've never been attracted to girls wearing cowboy boots and cowboy hats, just that I would have probably been just as attracted if they were wearing Old Navy, or Tommy Hilfiger, Pac Sun, or Babyphatt.

Another thing on this though, when I say that - about country being a turn-off, its less the fact that a girl's into it and more the fact that top 40 country's probably the most antithetical thing a girl could be into as compared to my tastes; I could pretend to enjoy myself line dancing but I'd feel depressed as its not my element (as much as a pretty midwest christian boy as I may look) and I know for certain that if she did tolerate what I'm into that's about the best it would be; tolerate, no real relation.

As for offshoots - bluegrass, folk, certain styles of blues, I could very likely date a girl who's into those things just because they're probing a good ways deeper and they're in that stream of consciousness with in music that you'd think of as the underground; ie. she could probably very easily respect what I'm into and find what she likes, I could listen to what she's into and really appreciate the emotion or delivery of it, and it wouldn't be us trying just in the sense that its very real and relevant emotions presented in a very on-point and practical way; its not just "music that everyone can relate to".

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 9:36 pm

I think there's a definite difference between actual cowgirls and girls who dress like cowgirls.

I won't deny that the girl posted earlier is pretty, but she's not an actual cowgirl. I assure you, it's very difficult to ride or rope in just a bra. A real cowgirl would most likely be wearing some sort of shirt and pants underneath the chaps, because, let's face it, actual riding would hurt like heck on exposed skin, unless you're going bareback.

I think the actual cowgirl attitude is much cooler, but that's just my opinion.

Three years!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 10:51 pm

RainSong wrote:
I won't deny that the girl posted earlier is pretty, but she's not an actual cowgirl. I assure you, it's very difficult to ride or rope in just a bra. A real cowgirl would most likely be wearing some sort of shirt and pants underneath the chaps, because, let's face it, actual riding would hurt like heck on exposed skin, unless you're going bareback.

Yeah, looks like something purchased and shot in downtown New York or L.A.. Even just chilling around the house I'd think most cowgirls wouldn't want to be get caught dressed like that even by a robber - even if they shot him dead anyway, smells too much like....I don't know.....wannabe?

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 11:55 pm

Cowboys are roastin hot like a mesquite BBQ'd tenderloin on an arid texan night! :wink: