Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Whivit
Raven
Raven

09 Mar 2008, 12:00 pm

Yeah... I get angry about practically anything. Not violent though--just angry. Verbally, usually, and I talk down to people, sometimes I yell but usually it's just more of a... an angry tone to my voice, as if the person I'm talking to isn't really worth my time at all.

And really, the tiniest things set me off. Things that probably annoy most people, but don't really piss them off to such a degree. Like spelling and grammar--if you can't spell right, uhg, I get so angry. Seriously. I can't read what you're writing and I just... feel like quoting everything and fixing all the mistakes and then mocking you for writing so horribly.

And... when people take too long to respond to an IM. I want to block them. Or virtually punch them. And by too long, I mean... 5 minutes. Dx

I dunno, some other stuff too. I don't know how to calm myself down, seriously. And generally it backfires in some way, and I end up being yelled at, and then I become emo. Ehe.

I'm really not an aggressive person. Things just really bother me. ; ; *sighs*

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 12:06 pm

when I was younger I was the same, I got annoyed at the smallest things and got frusrated alot, almost to the point of being kicked out of the house. it was due to the people at school it made me bring more anger home... you just have to walk away or just keep yourself in the room, because when I carried on it made things twice as worse.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 12:47 pm

Exercise is key for anger that lingers, but dealing with it in a moment is something I still struggle with. Perhaps try and remain calm and promise yourself you'll get to punch something later.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 3:33 pm

When I was young I had major anger problems I just walked away even at school I would get up and walk out of class which I could do b/c I had a principal and several gov ppl on my side since I was little but still I recommend walking off and not coming back to what ever made you mad until you calm down.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 4:14 pm

I have that problem it's gotten better I think. I use to get into uncontrollable fights with ppl who would verbally or physically attack me. I had been going to an outreach program and took anger management. I got a lot out of it. I think it also helped my self esteem a little too.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

09 Mar 2008, 7:41 pm

Taking deep breaths is good for calming down...or listening to some relaxing music.
The thing is though, that even if someone does annoy you, don't retaliate...it will make you just as bad as them. Just walk away, ignore it. If you feel like hitting something, then if you are at home, hit a pillow or something soft [no people!] so you wont harm yourself or others. If you are at school then you could just excuse yourself from the class, calm down and then go back in.

I don't know why I don't take my own advice. :lol:

MaterialDefender
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Mar 2008, 1:18 am

In elementary school I was put in a "anger management" class with 3 other students. It was really stupid, and didn't help anyone. I have become a lot calmer with age, but still can throw tantrums like a 5 year old.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 1:21 am

Also, I found being physically active helps. I've had to do some running before going into a rage. It calms me down a little.

SDFarsight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Mar 2008, 2:26 pm

Oh I got into plenty of fights at school because of my short temper, but I honestly haven’t had one in years; partially because I'm now more mature about things, and partially because I could be arrested for assault as I'm 20 yrs-old; where as at junior and high school I would often only get little more than a quick talking to as the teachers knew I was just stressed, and I normally got along well with the teachers.

If I'm agnrey and stressed, I don't talk too well; but if I'm in the right state of mind where I'm very angry but still feel in control, I can somehow speak very clearly and to my full vocabulary. Maybe because the anger blocks out my normal AS nervousness. :hmph:

brister22
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2008, 1:40 pm

here is a good book
Healing Anger by Dalai Lama

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Anger-Pat ... 1559390735