Evidence on youtube that a GFCF diet reduces Aspie symptoms?

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 10:00 am

Lately, my diet has mostly consisted of whole grain products such as baked potatos with the skin left on, brown rice, breads made from whole grains instead of refined flour. The only meat I eat is poultry or fish and I make salads with a lot of ingredients like cucumbers, Iceberg or Romaine lettuce, tomatos, peaches, onions, apples ( I try to be creative and use a lot of ingredients in the combinations so it's varied) and I put vinegar and olive oil on it. I use a lot of citrus juices, too. I also eat non fat yogurt. I don't eat a lot of candy and fried foods or snack foods like chips. I stop dieting only once a week and it's only for one meal. When I order out I make sure I get an entry with a lot of vegetables and no red meat.
I discovered this fabulous dish made from Northern or Navy beans (soaked and cooked for one hour), whole grain brown rice, water to cover the rice, chopped white onion, ( I used half an onion, about eight ounces Navy Beans but Northern beans give it that same texture) a few tablespoons vinegar and green tabasco sauce some "Smart Balance" butter, pepper, a little bit of salt and some crushed garlic or garlic powder. I put them all in the rice cooker, stirred and let them cook for a while. It's great for a vegetarian dish because those can be bland but this combination has a lot of flavor.
This diet has been beneficial to me. I think it has made me less lethargic and has improved my thinking skills, given me more drive and energy and has lessened my anxiety some.
I've been on this diet about a month and can already see an improvement.
The diet I'm on isn't a gfcf diet. It's called "The Dash Diet" and the American Heart Association recommends it for good health, although sometimes, I eat bigger servings than they suggest. It's a diet high in nutrition and low on foods that take a lot of energy to digest without a lot of benefit.