Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 2:38 am

Meaning any game based on events in World War 1 or World War 2. Any genre, can be historical or "what-if".

I currently have Silent Hunter 3, a simulation in which you command a U-boat during World War 2. You can sail anywhere you wish, looking for allied shipping to raid, the models used for physics, damage, combat and logistics (including crew management) are right on the money! I've collected a fan-made update for it, called "GWX" which makes it even more realistic, and includes a greater variety of shipping targets, aircraft, etc. And events in the simulation are more historical. I got to take part in the invasion of Norway!

I also have the IL-2 Sturmovik collection (forgotten battles + ace expansion pack + pacific fighters), which is an Air-combat simulation. It focuses on events and aircraft in the Eastern Front (russia, finland, normandy-nienem(?), etc.), including the Gigant ME321/323 gliders, Ju88 Mistels, ME262 turbojets, and more. The Pacific Fighters Section adds events and aircraft from said Pacific Theater, including Japanese, American, Australian, New Zealand, etc. There are also some concept aircraft that were designed during the War but not built or did not see combat, such as the Gotha flying wing, the BI-1/6, and a couple others. I've played several missions and some campaigns, it is fantastic!

check my sig for links.

nomad21
Toucan
Toucan

11 Mar 2008, 7:15 am

"Call of Duty", the first one, is the best WW2 game I've ever played.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 7:30 am

I liked the Panzer General series of games by SSI from the 1990s. I didn't like it when the games went 3D, but before then they were good. Pacific General was probably my favorite. I wasted a long amount of time playing the Iwo Jima scenario as Japan and I did everything I could to try to win, but that was a tough one. I wonder how many people were ever really able to win it....