Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

stranger3010
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2008, 7:42 am

Hi,

I'm 25 and I might have AS. I'm not diagnosed with AS yet but my Pdoc suspect I might have AS. I'm waiting for some tests....

my diagnosis:

actually my diagnoses have a long story. since 7 years ago they put lots of different diagnosis on me (OCD, depression, ADHD, psychotic disorder...)....and also about 3 years ago, I was diagnosed with High functioning Autism but when I moved to here (Netherlands) for study, I stopped to go to psychiatrist....until last summer that I got serious problem and spend four months in mental hospital....and during this four months in hospital and four months out first diagnosed me dissociation (depersonalization +derealization) plus agitative-depression ....then became suspected to schizophrenia.....but since the different med they tried on me doesn't work that much.....now might be AS or some personality disorder.....

what I study:

I study physics and hopefully I will get my M.Sc in Aug 2008. I love to continue my study and do a PhD but recently I'm messed up with everything so I'm not sure I can manage it ...

My hobbies:

play flute, Astronomy, movie, web surfing, music (depend on my mood Adult alternative, Hard Rock, new age, ...), writing blog, recently working with 3D creator software (..want make the world I see in my mind...)....

Why I came here?

looking for information about AS.....plus after I got hospitalized I lose my friends and couldn't make any new friend. so many time I feel lonely.....I thought I can make nice friends here ....

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 8:01 am

Welcome to Wrongplanet :flower:

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 9:17 am

Nice to meet you, stranger3010. :) 8)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 9:18 am

Welcome Stranger(I just finished reading Stranger in a Strange Land)and I Grok you.The DXes you have received so far,echo my own before I was Dxed with AS.I think the "depersonalization" was one of the most confusing to me(and the psychs)because they could not identify a trauma that might account for it and claimed I must be suppressing something.

I think the "trauma" maybe,being on the wrong planet.I also read a new study(new to me)that autistics have do not appear to have the same area of their brains light up that distingues a sense of "self"...(ie ALL is self,why would you have only one area for it?)You might enjoy reading it......

http://www.technologyreview.com/Biotech/20167/?nlid=860

You might find it interesting to google Heinlein and aspergers to get some more information about aspergers(never can have enough information)

Welcome

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 11:10 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 12:22 pm

Welcome stranger3010! :)

stranger3010
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2008, 2:04 pm

Thanks everybody for reply! :)

and Krex yes also about my dissociation was similar to you because I didn't have any special trauma that might cause dissociation so first they thought I'm hiding something.... and later they thought it might be psychotics...but also anti-psychotics didn't work that much....

and about the link thanks ...really interesting...actually it reminds me of somethings many time specially when I have dissociation I feel that I'm living in the virtual world (what they say about reaction of autistic is like they are interacting with PC rather than real world). more like being part of computer game rather than .....

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 3:52 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Mar 2008, 4:00 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

stranger3010
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2008, 5:27 pm

Thanks Richie and Tim_tex :)

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 6:58 pm

Hi stranger3010 and welcome to the "right" Planet :wink:

I also have a hard time keeping friends, as soon as I mention the word "Aspergers" for some reason they seem to back off... :D

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 7:55 pm

Hi. Physics is fascinating. If I had been smart enough I would have become a physicist. As it is, I read the popularizing books about physics. I like string theory. Even if it gets disproved, I still like it.

stranger3010
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2008, 8:57 pm

thanks asplanet and leilia...

asplanet for me even they don't need to hear about AS to back off... :D

Leilia it's great that u also like physics. actually I also love to read the popularized book in physics some of them is really well written...have u read the "Elegance Universe" it's really great book and about what u like unified theory including the string theory...

Jivi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2008, 1:26 am

Welcome to WP!

So do you speak nederlands (I am from Ghent, Belgium)?
Sciences are cool, I am thinking of going back to college next year to continue studying industrial engineering.

You are in the netherlands, have you seen the belgian movie BenX (movie about autistic guy that has hard time at school and lives in his own world of a fantasy videogame)?
http://www.benx.be/eng

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

12 Mar 2008, 9:53 pm

Hi stranger3010

welcome to WP

I hope you enjoy posting here.