Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

11 Mar 2008, 4:11 pm

I was a late walker and walked on my own at just over two years of age. Before then I would slide on my bum to get around...I never crawled.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2008, 11:43 pm

I was about 9 months. I have a sister who's a year older, so I was probably watching her alot.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 12:01 am

ebec11 wrote:
I think there should be a difference. I don't have Aspergers because I was severely Autistic when I was younger, and I can't change to Aspergers. I have most of the symptoms of Aspergers now, but I would say that I have HFA because of my past.

I was autistic when little, albeit I only had tantrums when I was detached from my mother (hospital for example), but I only had basic receptive and expressive speech until I was 5 (one to two word replies and the same with requests), aloof to nearly everyone until the same age (this is classed as "severe" autism).

As I said to you before, people with autism who gain adequate speech, i.e., the ability to communicate verbally and fluently in complete sentences will be seen as Asperger's by many experts now; there are many people with autism who don't gain this ability no matter how intelligent they are (so the LFA/HFA classification really holds no merit). If you look at the whole AS/"HFA" population who can speak adequately, you won't find many differences at all in severity and outcome.

Keeping it as autism and AS cuts down on the confusion; communication difficulties versus nuances in communication that aren't severe compared to the former (whether there's a delay of the development of language or not).

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 1:52 am

My mom said I started walking a little bit after 1 years old.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 1:55 am

Damien was around 17-19 months when he started walking. He was late with everything tho. His first tooth did appear till 13 months either.