Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 1:41 am

A while back I went to parties a little more frequently than I did now. I would try to socialize at these parties and at first I thought I was doing a pretty good job (it has deteriorated since then). Now for the part that I want an interpretation on, I want to know if I blew an opportunity, it just keeps bugging me not knowing for sure.

At one of the parties there was a set of sisters from a sorority that seemed to like talking to me. One of them even said "I'm going to get a conversation out of you one day." That particular sister introduced me to her roommate at one party. The roommate ran up and gave me a hug, which is not something I am used to, but definitely not opposed to. The next day the roommate saw me in the pub and she and another friend of hers sat with me and talked for a while. They just kept asking questions about me and was obviously trying hard to keep the conversation going. Every time she would see me around campus she would be very friendly. A while after this, I was volunteering and I was randomly placed in a group with her. She was kind of supervising and added her cell phone number to my phone and she told me to call her if I ran into any problems. I still have the number but this all happened months ago. In retrospect I've started to think that maybe she was hitting on me. I'm not sure though, so that's why I'm asking for interpretations. I think I messed up. :oops:

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 3:07 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
A while back I went to parties a little more frequently than I did now. I would try to socialize at these parties and at first I thought I was doing a pretty good job (it has deteriorated since then). Now for the part that I want an interpretation on, I want to know if I blew an opportunity, it just keeps bugging me not knowing for sure.

At one of the parties there was a set of sisters from a sorority that seemed to like talking to me. One of them even said "I'm going to get a conversation out of you one day." That particular sister introduced me to her roommate at one party. The roommate ran up and gave me a hug, which is not something I am used to, but definitely not opposed to. The next day the roommate saw me in the pub and she and another friend of hers sat with me and talked for a while. They just kept asking questions about me and was obviously trying hard to keep the conversation going. Every time she would see me around campus she would be very friendly. A while after this, I was volunteering and I was randomly placed in a group with her. She was kind of supervising and added her cell phone number to my phone and she told me to call her if I ran into any problems. I still have the number but this all happened months ago. In retrospect I've started to think that maybe she was hitting on me. I'm not sure though, so that's why I'm asking for interpretations. I think I messed up. :oops:

Heh, go goatonfire :wink: It sounds like a good sign to me! You might still be able to save it. Think of something to say and call her back. :o

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 3:08 am

Sounds like she was hitting on you. If she wasn't, she probably tried to cheer you up by getting to know you better. I've had ppl assume I was depressed b/c I wasn't conversing. They would and still do ask too many questions about myself. It really puts me on the spot light.

As for parties, I'm now in the same boat. Drinking was my big thing when I went to one and when I drank I just loved parties. It helped me socialize maybe just a little too much, so now I don't drink anymore. Without that liquid protection, I now get nervous and never know how to act. You should probably take a chance and go to these parties. You might miss out on an opportunity. I think and this is probably not you, that aspies tend to analyze of what's going to happen in the future. I do it constantly and usually end up not going anywhere with this talk. I ask myself should I do this or should I do that? If I go there, what would be my purpose? Get what I'm saying?

Well that's all I got to say. If you want to get with somebody, you've got to at least do some conversing. Not an easy thing to do, but it is the key to having any relationship.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2008, 5:10 am

hmmm... it is possible she liked ya. I 100% understand how you feel I know I have missed signals like this from women, sometimes really good looking women to, and eather I was to shy and afriad of physical contact, or did not know what to say or was just oblivious and so when I did not return these signals the women thought I was not interested and left. Yes, being blind to body language, facial expression and social situations have made it so far impossible for me. I am 25, never been intimate, tho I have been propositioned many times, I have the experience of a middle school kid as far as dating, and its quite sad and pathetic, yet I doubt in this lifetime I will succeed.

fainting-goat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2008, 5:22 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
In retrospect I've started to think that maybe she was hitting on me. I'm not sure though, so that's why I'm asking for interpretations. I think I messed up. :oops:

this damn site is nothing but deja vu.

yer experience pretty much defines my high school and too many years of
college experience with the apposite sex, right down to the post-game
analysis.

i still, at my creaky age, don't quite get the game but would agree that it is
never too late to try and reconnect. and maybe use honesty (a good aspie
trait) about your reaction to the situation in the process. there is something
about shy, a bit socially awkward, quiet, nice & honest that is apparently quite
attractive (even irresistible) to some.

fG

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2008, 5:58 am

If a woman gives you her phone number she wants you to use it. I can't say whether her intentions were romantic or not, but a friend isn't a bad thing either.