Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 7:03 pm

I came across a really fun web site where you can find other people who would like meet ups with such random things as stuff like Yorkshire terrier fanciers or Improv Art. Whatever you can think of. I've used this meet up website for two different meet ups. one for for autism but I think that the person who headed it up was trying to sell vitamins. The other meet up was for Obama people who just sat around and ate pizza and wondered about what to do about Obama, no pressure to do anything, just to talk with like minded people. They were a good group.

I'm wondering if we could start a Wrong Planet Allieance meet up.

Here's the site
http://www.meetupalliance.com/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 8:07 pm

I'm open to one in the Austin or San Antonio area, sometime after August 2008.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 10:27 pm

Meeting Of minds topic

I have thought about video conferencing, but I am not sure how this would work. I certainly could not go to another province or country, unfortunately.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:16 pm

The meet ups are supposed to be in local areas. If I announced a WP meeting in the Portland area, I wonder how many would show up.

ded
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2008, 5:53 pm

A meet-up for people who like to be alone. Non-attendance encouraged. Please don't RSVP. And the location so we can be sure not to be there.

:)

Maybe it would work better if there was an agenda first - having a clear purpose may make it easier for AS types to imagine going.

I'm in Halifax NS - not crazy about a meet-up but would be willing to if there was a good reason.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2008, 8:07 pm

ded wrote:
A meet-up for people who like to be alone. Non-attendance encouraged. Please don't RSVP. And the location so we can be sure not to be there.

:)

Maybe it would work better if there was an agenda first - having a clear purpose may make it easier for AS types to imagine going.

I'm in Halifax NS - not crazy about a meet-up but would be willing to if there was a good reason.

Agendas are good. I meet up with a few autism activists to create better lives for us. We talk about creating better housing, jobs, etc.